Saturn Ion Repair Manual

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Default Saturn Ion Repair Manual

I've owned a 2005 Ion Sedan 2.2L for over a year now & plan on keeping her; so I did some digging, trying to locate a reasonably priced used or new factory service manual ... either a hard paper copy or an electronic copy (CD) or download .pdf type document.

i searched eBay and found this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Saturn-...4099e8&vxp=mtr

$85 seems reasonable compared to some that are priced well over $100; but i'm still trying to locate an electronic copy that i don't have to subscribe to. There are some such as Alldata & Mitchell online manuals ... but you have to pay fees ongoing to maintain subscription it looks like. About 3 years ago, i subscribed to Alldata for an Isuzu p/u i had; but it was not as good as having a factory manual, so i let the subscription run out.

Back at first of Feb, i did locate a CD version for an Ion on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-05-Saturn...vip=true&rt=nc

but it sold before i got any response from the seller. If anyone has any leads or ideas i really appreciate it. otherwise, i may save up my $$ and eventually buy the Saturn factory hardcopy set.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:36 PM

Be sure to add any new info you come up with..................

Old 04-02-2013, 06:48 AM

Hey everybody, sorry I haven't made any more progress on my Saturn, or on locating a manual for less than posted price I found so far. Wish I could - will post back when Other responsibilities ease up. Hope everyone had a good Easter

Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 AM

Well hell it's just good to hear from you. Nice to see you made it back. I'll say happy easter to you evan though it's over lol. When you have a chance post some pictures in the ION picture thread in the ION forum.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:14 PM

so, i stumbled onto an online source for auto repair - appears to be material from the factory service manual - not sure. check this link out: http://www.marshallpl.org/ If prompted for a User ID at any point, enter "marshall" ... password = "public"

Then --> Research Tools --> Databases --> Auto Repair Reference Center. Then enter year / make / model info and you should be able to search the database by category. Hope this helps somebody. I am using it for my daughter's Ford Escape and i looked up Ion3 - "sway (stabilizer) bar" under front suspension and looks helpful. You can save each section as a .pdf on your own computer for reference. If it keeps me from buying a factory manual, i will just make a donation to the Marshall, ID library.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:55 PM
Banned

All,
I purchased my original Factory service manual for my 2007 Saturn from my dealer but they buy them from Helm manuals (at least mine did and many local dealers). I have over 15 factory service manuals which I have bought various locations. (Ebay,dealerships,swap meets etc.)

Anyways a 2005 was the same price ($200.00) as mine 2007.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...lected%5Fmedia=

Mine was three large books (even for factory service manuals).

I lucked out as my dealer, during the Saturn shut down, changed over to a ISUZU dealership.

Anyways the guy wanted them out of the dealership (last few items as they had to order it) and cut the price to $125.00.

I would just watch on ebay....your bound to run in to it.

Thanks,
Chris