PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1996 SL2 Parts car/Repair For Sale

Old 11-19-2008, 10:08 AM

I am looking to sell a SL2 DOHC.

It is gold with tan interior. The interior is in excellent condition, non-smoking owner. First owner was my uncle and he used as a commuter car.

The car actually still runs and drives, but I wouldn''t say for much longer. There is a knocking noise in the engine that might be a bearing, but I don''t know. I don''t have the time or the money to fix it.

I actually just put in 500 worth of new parts in it including new brakes and rotors, new spark plugs and wires, new air filter, brand new oil change(not that it matters anymore), coolant flush, amongst other things.

Exterior is immaculate, I can''t find a single crack in the paint.

Before the engine acted up, the car ran very smooth and shifted like brand new, so tranny seems to be in excellent condition.

The car just passed NYS inspection in August, then crapped out on me in October, go figure.

I am simply asking 600 obo for the car to get most of my money for parts and labor back.

Thanks

Old 11-19-2008, 03:04 PM

Why not just pop a junkyard engine into it? They can be found pretty cheap.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:38 AM

I don''t have the time or the money to do that, which is why I''m selling it. If someone wants to do that, they can even make a pretty good profit because a car of this condition that has a good engine is going for about $2k.