What is this part? (Passenger Compartment Fuse Box)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 02:26 AM
Question What is this part? (Passenger Compartment Fuse Box)

Hey I've tried searching everywhere and haven't been able to find a name for this part so that I can order it. (ive even tried buying the oem repair manual and digging through that)...

Anyway, the part im looking to identify is located in the passenger compartment fuse box. Its the plug that all the wires are clipped into. We had a short and a metal terminal in the plug and it melted the plastic and fused the metal terminal to it. Attached are some pictures of this. I need to order the Red Plastic Plug as well as some of the metal terminals that clip into the plug. The terminals have 13 on them.

This is a 2009 Saturn Aura and this terminal (in the big red plug) controls the power to the AC fan.

Heres an album of the images. https://imgur.com/a/LjpgCgt

Thanks for all your help!

Old 05-15-2020, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

That red plug will be not available to order. You will have to search wrecking yards for the sister model cars and cut the harness. The pigtail will have wire ends or buy wire ends that are available on the internet. The red plug connects to what I suspect is the bcm on your car. That is the location on the bcm on the new Fords I work on. If you purchase a set of release tools those little terminals will release and slide out. That way you can just splice the problem wires not all of them. If the connector melted due to blower motor draw solve that problem so it doesn’t melt the new connector. Usually a bad motor and or plugged cabin air filter.

Old 05-15-2020, 01:07 PM

If the connector melted due to blower motor draw solve that problem so it doesn’t melt the new connector. Usually a bad motor and or plugged cabin air filter.
Oh good point! I didn't even think of that, but the connections are pretty secure, something would have had to of gotten hot and melted it first. Hopefully its the cabin filter thats plugged and now that i have the service manual, i can find it and replace it. haha

Thanks so much for replying to my post. I spend probably 3+ hours digging though the internet looking for this.