Car won't start after running fine

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 07:17 PM

Sounds like a bad/corroded/loose ground to me.

Old 04-22-2022, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by derf
That's rather bizarre. It's simply a sensor for the crankshaft rotation. It has no electrical or physical commonality with the components used to spin or start the engine, specifically spinning when starting.

I am not saying you are wrong, because I can't possibly ever know, but that almost sounds to me like a battery disconnect reconnect terminal self-cleaning. That's if you disconnected the battery. Or you may have made a ground have better contact.

No disrespect intended.

There are a lot of mystery fixes for issues that are side effects of us trying other things.

The important thing is that your problem was solved.
So my car was running perfectly fine for the past week, was starting up fine after securing all connections.. was not able to test any electrical connections because i don’t have a multimeter i only have a bag of sockets. but after running fine for a while i went to get gas and after filling up it had another no crank no start. lights but no action. had to push the car off to the side and i started banging on the starter with no luck. i disconnected battery and tugged on wires to see if connections are loose but still nothing. i’m stuck at a costco right now and don’t know what to do. i have read into replacing the CPS but also read maybe a inertia switch is bad.. since this has been happening since i hit that pot hole. i hit that pothole pretty hard, it bent my wheel and popped my tire. and when that happened my car wouldn’t turn back on when pulling off and turning off my car to assess the damage but turned back on about 30 mins later. i’m just an unpaid full time intern so i have no money to keep giving a mechanic.

Old 04-22-2022, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by yaazh2
So my car was running perfectly fine for the past week, was starting up fine after securing all connections.. was not able to test any electrical connections because i don’t have a multimeter i only have a bag of sockets. but after running fine for a while i went to get gas and after filling up it had another no crank no start. lights but no action. had to push the car off to the side and i started banging on the starter with no luck. i disconnected battery and tugged on wires to see if connections are loose but still nothing. i’m stuck at a costco right now and don’t know what to do. i have read into replacing the CPS but also read maybe a inertia switch is bad.. since this has been happening since i hit that pot hole. i hit that pothole pretty hard, it bent my wheel and popped my tire. and when that happened my car wouldn’t turn back on when pulling off and turning off my car to assess the damage but turned back on about 30 mins later. i’m just an unpaid full time intern so i have no money to keep giving a mechanic.
If i tested my starter at autozone and it passed, could my starter solenoid still be an issue?

Old 04-22-2022, 07:01 PM

i tried to start my car again after waiting about an hour.. it cranked a little but would not turn over.. and is now not able to crank anymore.. any suggestions?

Old 04-22-2022, 07:25 PM

update my car just started easily. didn’t sound harsh. still confused. my RPM’s seem a little jumpy that’s why i kinda lean towards the CPS but im still utterly confused on what it could be. just need it to last a little longer haha

Old 04-22-2022, 07:27 PM

Starter solenoid is part of the test when they check it.
Have them run it for codes, too.

Wondering if its a fuel issue. But the intermittent is odd.
Ghetto check for fuel pressure is hitting the valve on the fuel rail while trying to start it

Old 04-22-2022, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by DropDead
Starter solenoid is part of the test when they check it.
Have them run it for codes, too.

Wondering if its a fuel issue. But the intermittent is odd.
Ghetto check for fuel pressure is hitting the valve on the fuel rail while trying to start it
The only code i got is P013D but i do not think that has a factor in trying to start my car right?

Old 04-22-2022, 10:09 PM

An o2 sensor shouldn't cause a no start.
although it's a slow response lean to rich. So might not be commanding the injectors.
and if the car is warm while this happens, it would make sense it ran an emissions test.

Try unplugging the rear o2. Its a cheap diag.