2008 Saturn Vue XE 4 cyl FWD Mode Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 05:06 PM
Default 2008 Saturn Vue XE 4 cyl FWD Mode Actuator

Hi, New to the forum and thanks for any help in advance. I just got a 2008 Saturn Vue and the air mode selection **** doesn't change where the air blows out of, it blows air but can't direct the air to the desired location. I have searched many threads and all seem to go in the direction of the blend actuator or mode actuator Checked all the fuses and relays, ordered a new blend actuator (replaced the actuator on the drivers side under the knee pad), still not working. Read about calibrating the new actuator, some say it is necessary, some not but I didn't have it calibrated, is this necessary? Tried disconnecting the battery, no luck. Is there another actuator somewhere that I am missing? I read a thread somewhere about another actuator under the passenger glove box, yes or no? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Follow up:
Spoke to a service tech today about my issue with the 08 Saturn Vue. The problem is it will not select a different mode such as defrost or feet, etc. it just stays in one position. He suggested the following: 1. With the mode actuator wires attached but the actuator unattached and not screwed in place see if the actuator turns when you turn the mode control ****. If so it may be a bent door inside limiting it's ability to change modes. 2. He said the manual DOES call for a recalibration after installation of a new actuator. 3. He said there is a module under the rear passenger seats that is electrically in line between the mode actuator and the ac control head? He suggested to see if this was disconnected somehow or the possibility that this module is bad. 4 Next if it none of the above the next place would be the AC control head behind the dash. My questions are:
1. Is there another actuator somewhere?
2. Does it need to be calibrated by a GM tech?
3. Does anybody know about the exact location and name of this module under the rear passenger seat?

Thanks