Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

rebuild or buy used?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:36 AM

ok so my genius self couldnt get into the oil pan with out taking the subframe out and thats too hard in without a car lift. so it sounds like a diesel now lol. so i want to know would it be better to rebuild this engine or to buy a used or reuilt engine? i cant find anyone who understands basic english so i came here! what is the best choice for the money? also where can you get replacement hoods, driver fender, and driver side skirt and the rear bumper? i cant find anone who carries them.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Banned

Not sure where you are located, but here in the Southeast, some wrecking yards will stock/sell complete engines that were removed from wrecked vehicles. Most will give a limited warranty, and the prices are reasonable.Next best option would be to rebuild your existing engine, assuming you have the space/knowledge/time. Or, you could contact your local engine rebuilding companies, and see what they would charge.

As far as your missing/damaged body parts, again the wrecking yards and u-pull-it facilities are the place to start. Your other option would be to contact some of the parts dealers here on the Forum.

Good luck

Old 01-11-2009, 03:53 PM

thanks alot im in southern california and the only pull ur own part place out here only has trucks and stupid civics that have been raced out. it is a rare find to see gms in the yards out here. i dont want to rebuld the engine myself thinking of having someone else do it. how long does it usually take?

Old 01-12-2009, 12:21 PM

If you can rebuild it yourself, then thats the way to go. If not, find yourself a low milage used engine. Pick-N-Pull or Pull-Your-Parts in souther California should have plenty of Saturns.

Not really worth it if you have to have someone do it for you.

As for body parts, either brand new from the dealer or the junkyards.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:51 AM

best thing to do is to rebuild the engine cuz most you can find are engines wit alot of mileage an the ones i found have timing problems (which is one that i got lucky to find[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]) the best place for body parts is saturnparts.com i got my front fenders from them.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:18 PM

thanks alot guys for all the help! i love these cars but this one just doesent love me right now lol
<div style="text-align: right;">
</div>