Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

wanna rebuild motor any ideas for more po

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 11:36 PM

i have a 91 saturn sc dohc i use it to run a 4 cyl dirt car and it runs good but of course need a little more iwas gonna do a rebuild and was wondering on some ideas on more power internally with what i got , its gotta look and sound stock so i was thiking just rering and bearing the bottom end and having the block and the head decked for more compression and the head ported the intake and the throttle bodies im gonna use stock cams , so i was wondering if anyone has done any of this or if there are parts from other year cars that work better anything to make it run better but appear stock i mean i gotta keep the stock air box and all

Old 04-09-2007, 09:26 PM

any info

Old 04-09-2007, 09:31 PM

Not without making it not sound like it's been modified. I assume you're doing this along the lines of Stock Car Racing?

Old 04-09-2007, 09:45 PM

yes its for a dirt car i was thinking as long as i kept the stock cams in it it would sound normal

Old 04-09-2007, 09:49 PM

Even boring out the throttle body give a different sound upon revving... and if you go with a higher flow manifold (either one) you're going to get a different sound as well... Stock look you could do; stock sound is a little bit harder...

Old 04-10-2007, 12:10 AM

well as long as it doesnt lump around at idle

Old 04-10-2007, 11:25 AM

Yeah, don't get all bent out of shape over the "has to sound stock" idea. If it's anything like the local tracks, the tech guys will only use one of their five senses to check the car out... sight.It's unlikely they have vast amounts of knowledge on every single make and model of car, and therefore as long as you keep things within reason under the hood nobody will be the wiser.

Anyway, as far as mods,ifyou aren't worried about getting compression tested, then get the head shaved and think about gettingbetter valve springs. I haven't even really thought about it until now... but maybe someone on the forum knows if it's possible to have the ECU modded.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:44 PM

You could possibly get better air-flow if you block the extra air-box off... Not necessarily remove it, just keep air from going to it... Looks the same and not much difference on anything but it might give you that extra "point-whatever" you're looking for without removing it... And stock just means that it has to be parts avaiable from Saturn, right? Couldn't that mean that you could buy Saturn parts that fit in other years/models and pop them into your engine chasis?

Old 04-10-2007, 08:32 PM

I can't necessarily speak for 94503, but in most forms of circle track racing stock means stock. same year, same model, original or original replacement parts only

-S-Turn-

Old 04-10-2007, 08:37 PM

well if it is inside they will never know you cant do stuff like a cold air aftermarket header no trick suspension stuff

Quick Reply: wanna rebuild motor any ideas for more po