Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

Intake and header??

Old 03-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Default Intake and header??

Yo. I'm looking for a proper header for my 1997 Saturn Sc1. idc if they dont have no performance parts or non common performance parts. i find many on ebay.

What I am looking for is a steady profit site supplying people with headers and a cold air intake or short ram intake.

I am currently deciding if I want to have a place custom build one, which is expensive as ****. I don't want that.

I saw OBX headers on Ebay.

Any others anyone else has found???

Help a Saturn owner out!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/392620...s-sc1-coupe-2d

Old 04-01-2012, 12:48 AM

The Saturn Engine is a one of a kind. They were not used on any other cars, the S series ones anyway.
And I guess I am the wrong one to supply you with an answer. At any price, if they are available, they are in my opinion, not worth the price.
When first announced in the early 90's there was a fair amount of interest in racing them, but that tapered off quickly. There never was much in the way of performance parts available although I assume if you search around, there are some now.
I have a 94sc2 and if I could find a decent set of cams for it I probably would install them. But the addition of a high flow Catalytic converter did nothing whatsoever measurable to the performance. And frankly I suspect a header would not do anyting either except cost money.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:30 AM

im not really going for horsepower or sound. I drive a saturn and everyone does make fun of it. i got a cat back, passenger side, side pipe that just roars. i found a turbo kit for it that is priced at $4,000, but a header for $185 and a cold air intake for $40 bucks.

I would htink those are decnet prices. and i have looked into them. the brands are worthy enough to buy. not cheap Knock offs. legit brands.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:13 PM

But then again, depending on your priorities. I go for power. Cosmetics are important and I do not deny that. I will work at making cosmetics improve.
But
$200.00 for an aluminum tube and a header that gives questionable results vs a phone call to Iskenderian to give me a set of cams to install for about the same price that WILL give me a performance increase would be my choice and one I have made repeatedly. The cosmetics I can take care of to some extent with a can of Krylon and some elbow grease.
Saving the 4 grand for a turbo kit would take awhile though.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:25 AM

Performance parts are far and few between. Performance parts for a single cam hardly ever existed in the first place.

If you do buy an intake it'll not fit your $4,000 "turbo" so thats a waste of money. The header will not fit your $4,000 "turbo" kit.

A SC1 single cam is a great gas mileage daily driver. Lower it, bolt on some 17's and be on your way.

Last edited by sw2cam; 04-03-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by sw2cam
Performance parts are far and few between. Performance parts for a single cam hardly ever existed in the first place.

If you do buy an intake it'll not fit your $4,000 "turbo" so thats a waste of money. The header will not fit your $4,000 "turbo" kit.

A SC1 single cam is a great gas mileage daily driver. Lower it, bolt on some 17's and be on your way.

the turbo kit comes with a turbo manifold, BOV and intake and front mount.

im looking for a more natural thing. im a truck driver in the winters so summers i do work on cars with buddies and we race as a team. i found a saturn and i have seen some potentail and i jut want it to be a daily driver most days. The headers are a choice i want just for some better airflow and intake i want cause its a simple bolt on. if i DO turbo this saturn, i will keep the parts, because i wud buy another on or sell those parts to another saturn enthusiast.