Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

Got an sc2 for $250!

Old 10-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Default Got an sc2 for $250!

hey guys my name is jordan, im a semi-broke college student. i just sold my modified 2004 2.5t s60 and ive been waiting to jump on a subi wrx. i just happened to be scrolling through craigslist and found this gem for $350 and talked the guy down to $250! this is my second saturn and im glad to be back in the satty club anyways onto some details of this beast

1997 Saturn sc2
clean title
210k on the body
"80k" on the engine swap
it runs great, clutch grabs flawlessly, there is alittle play in the suspension and pulls to the right on decel, other then that, the motor sounds better then my old sl2 with 90k.
its a wisconsin car, and surprisingly there is little to no rust
checked the oil for shavings and there was none
brand new tires
i didnt check the diff pin, i could care less since it was $250

The bad:
it has zero braking power, i just down shift it to hell and back until the new rotors and pads get here
the exhaust has multiple holes in it, no biggie, ill either just weld it up or buy a new exhasut if they're cheap to come by
the sunroof has been siliconed shut because of leaking problems
there is no headliner, ill either make my own or find one at a scrap yard
it has the typical saturn HVAC controls with burnt out lights, but i plan on doing a complete led make over
other then that the car is great, interior is flawless!

so now my question to you guys is what should i be looking for in issues? ball joints, tie rods? i plan to do a whole inspection when i can get home next weekend and throw it on my lift.
as far as mods go what are some good things to do for this car? on my sl2 it shook like a earthquake so i put in new motor mounts and it calmed her down so i plan on doing that again.

as far as performance goes, if i cant find a wrx i like by winter i might consider throwing in a turbo considering i have a turbo from my s60, fmic, and an assortment of piping.
i would like to keep it NA just for the money purposes, and if i do keep it NA i dont want to have it be stupid loud or ghetto, just a daily sleeper
with that being said what direction should i be going?

also i do have a set of xxr rims at home, im going to order up some springs to stance it and throw the rims on. also if its warm enough ill be plasti-diping the whole car. but that may be put on the backburner until this summer.

oh and im a forum lover and what forum doesnt love pics?

Name:  null_zps76d913ed.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  174.6 KB

Name:  null_zps0ed73a92.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  160.1 KB

ooooh and any bimmer lovers? e30 with an m50 swap i picked up this weekend also Name:  null_zpsb20949f4.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  175.2 KB

Old 10-12-2013, 04:33 PM

Congrats on the cars. We can help on the SC as you need it. uffda Minnesnowta....glad I'm in Arizona it's nice out right now.

Take a few seconds and go to the new member area and give yourself an intro in a spot more are likely to see it. When done go to the USER CP top left of the page and add your first name, location, and car info into your "signature", and post more pictures.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Banned

Congratulations on the buy ...

Old 10-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

congrats

anywhere near Madtown?