Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

clutch problem???? idk??

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Default clutch problem???? idk??

okay so i did the 5 speed swap in my 99 sc1. brand new gripforce stage 1 racing clutch and a new slave cylinder. my problem i am having is that when i push the clutch in, its not releasing allowing me to put it in gear. any ideas???? im clueless, and i've been messing with this thing for a week now. has anyone had the same problem and fixed it????

Old 11-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

First perform this test first to see if the hydraulics are at fault:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94634

Also, are you sure you got the piston seated properly when you installed the master slave cyl assembly?

Old 11-20-2011, 11:42 PM

From the information given, I am sorry, I do not have a good answer except maybe this one.
If you were to have put the clutch disc in backwards, you would not be the first to do so.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:11 AM

I did a 5 speed swap in my car recently, the whole hydraulic assembly seemed really flimsy to me . Im not all that sure about your problem, I agree with checking all of the hydraulics first before tearing it apart again though. I had abit of trouble getting the assembly seated on the fork (not sure if it was me or something else) maybe you can look around there?

Old 11-21-2011, 10:09 AM

okay well thanks guys. i mean i checked the hydros as good as i couldd. and it seemed good. and uncljohn i thought about the plate being backwards but it cant be. cause it being a racing a clutch it can only sit on the fly wheel one direction. but ill keep taking a crack at it. but im about completly lost. but thanks guys

Old 11-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

what were results of the "wire test" listed in the link I posted?

Old 11-21-2011, 12:41 PM

well from what i can tell its not a hydro problem. everything seems to check out with that. my uncle told me today that when he built his nova it was an automatic at first and when he put the four speed in, he had trouble with his clutch and had to mess with it a couple times. well he figured out that the clutch pedal was to close to the firewall and the rod in the master cylinder was unable to be pushed in far enough. im gunna measure the travel of the pedal, and measure travel of the throwout lever and see if that is the problem

Old 11-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

that's in the link I posted

(sigh)

Old 11-21-2011, 07:35 PM

i know. i realized that after i posted my last comment. i didnt read that link the hole way threw first time around. i just read the first part and went out and tried what i had read. sorry bout that lol, next time ill read the hole thing threw first. but i believe i fixed my problem by extending the master cylinder. i guess we will see in the morning

Old 11-22-2011, 01:31 PM

well the exstension on the master cylinder didnt work like i thought it would. it did at first to the point th where i got the clutch to slip a lil bit, but that was it. now im back to square one, any other ideas....?????

Quick Reply: clutch problem???? idk??