Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

Back in the Game

Old 09-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Default Back in the Game

Hey Guys, I picked up a 94 SC2 today. I've been looking at a LOT of Saturns for sale for the past couple of weeks and this is the best deal I could find. It's obviously got the 1.9 DOCH engine, automatic with a/c and cruise control. Yep, got the hideaway headlights too. Everything frigging works on this car except the odometer. Even the am/fm/cassette player. It needs a headliner and I need a couple of seat belts too. Looks like a trip to Pull-A-Part is in order soon. Have any of you guys ever pulled a headliner out of one of these and if so, how do you go about it? I'd like to know how to get the danged instrument cluster out too without effing it up so I can either repair or replace the odometer. Speedometer and tach work, so I'm guessing the odometer is messed up from someone pressing it while the car was moving. Seems like I've read somewhere that you can still get the drive gears for these, but it may have been another car forum I was on. Got CRS since I had two brain surgeries. I'll try to get a few pics in the next day or two and post them. Any suggestions on replacing the headliner and instrument cluster will be GREATLY appreciated. I do know to keep an eye on the oil level. I'm going to be running Castrol 10w-40 in it. Oh, one other thing. What type transmission fluid should I put in it? I want to do a filter and fluid change on it simply because I don't know if it's ever been done.