Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

Headlight Drive Motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Default Headlight Drive Motor

Hey Guys, have any of you ever replaced the drive motor that raises and lowers the headlights? Mine still works on the SC2 I just picked up, but the one on the drivers side runs for about 30 seconds after lowering the lights. I don't want to wait until it quits, so will be making a Pull-A-Part run probably tomorrow to get a few items I need. I'm going to look for some interior trim pieces that are broken and a decent headliner. I did remove the old one today and it's not that difficult. I mostly need just small parts, but I will also need an odometer gear for mine. I also removed it and found that pissy little red gear is missing a few teeth. I may just grab the whole instrument cluster, but don't really want to spend $30 for something I don't need. Anyway, any insight as to changing out the headlight motor will be appreciated. And for cleaning mold and mildew off of one, I highly recommend the Mr. Clean magic eraser. Those things are awesome. Once I get the car all cleaned up and looking pretty good, I'll post some pics. Too late for before and after. Most of the before is gone and I'm working on the after.