Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

1995 sc2

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

I know exactly of what you speak. It looks like there is part of a plastic piece sticking down in the middle right behind the bumper underneath. Man is that bad grammar.

I believe there is. The problem with my answer is that I ran over an entire dead deer in the road in my 97 so if it was there it ain't there no more. I had to replace the section you've already attached. This was like 20 years ago. I don't think I could find the front piece anywhere to purchase and I don't live near a pick and pull which is where I suggest you go. It is probably unique to the first gen coupes 93 to 96.
I distinctly remember having to jam half of my arm into another piece to get it attached with one of the plastic push pins. It was a complete pain in the *** but can be done. A lot of bending of plastic.

Neither my 95 or 97 have it on the car. Actually I have to check the 95 but the 97 definitely does not and there must be something missing because you can see the condenser with no protection in front of it.

Go to www.gmpartsdirect.co not.com. these folks have pretty complete exploded diagrams and list the part numbers of most of the discontinued parts which makes searching for them much easier on the internet.
If you happen to locate more than one in a Pick-n-Pull please let me know. It'll be criminal to try to ship a 2 lb item in a big long box, but I can always drive down there and annoy both you and Dropdead. I actually managed to lose most of the clips for that back part and when I went to put it on a few weekends ago it kept falling down on my face. It's a bit late for the hint, but it's a lot easier with one person if you put a jack stand up to hold the side you're not working on to get the first couple in. No brilliance involved there that's probably what you did anyway. Having it waving around with half the weight 90% away from where you are just ain't fun when you're lying on the ground.

Glad to hear you are progressing. Not that I ever doubted it. Appreciate you coming back to the forum.

This thread will obviously be a sticky when it is done. Which of course is never, but when you are done tending to all the issues, funkiness, and other stuff.

Did they have any trouble aligning it and/or did you have any issues getting in the control arms in place? Did you take off the stabilizer bar?

Old 07-19-2022, 08:41 PM

Next challenge. Does anyone know where the recirculating door and recirculating door actuator are located on a 1995 sc2 mt? I suspect my recirculating door or the actuator is not well. I am referring to the door that is being controlled by the push button to the right of the AC button on the climate control face.If you know derf , once again many thanks for all the help. This project is coming together well little by little.

Old 07-19-2022, 08:44 PM

No trouble at all on the alignment. Nothing bent or worn out. Just a normal 4 wheel alignment.

Old 07-20-2022, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

If they tell you the only thing that can be set is the toe, they are full of ****. Toe, camber, and even caster can be adjusted, Canberra of course being important for tire wear. Caster can affect stability on the highway if it is out of whack in the front. It is adjusted by ovaling out the holes where the strip attaches to the hub.

Old 07-20-2022, 09:27 AM

Not at all. They adjusted all and even the rear.

Old 07-20-2022, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

This is likely to be the part. As to where it is, don't know. I would think you should be able to trace a duct by the firewall and it probably ends right there because there are no vents cut in the side panels

https://www.gmpartsdirect.co/oem-par...w0LWdhcw%3D%3D

Last edited by derf; 07-20-2022 at 09:35 AM.