PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Great deal on 95 SC2

Old 01-29-2018, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
I’d still lean toward an Ecotec swap, maybe with turbo... LSJ with a S256@25psi would make that car devastatingly fast...
That would be a lot of fun, unfortunately this is California with the nations strictest smog laws in the land, and I have learned the hard way that if it is newer than 1976 you cannot get away with much under the hood :-(

Old 01-29-2018, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by toomanycars
That would be a lot of fun, unfortunately this is California with the nations strictest smog laws in the land, and I have learned the hard way that if it is newer than 1976 you cannot get away with much under the hood :-(
This car takes on historical status in 2 years here in PA. No smog. ever again.

​​​​​Bones, if I buy that vehicle, will you drop in a rebuilt lsj and matching tranny?

toomanny, what are the stats for the El Camino and is it for sale? A bit off topic I know but oh well. My wife would.... You know.... If I handed her the keys to it in the driveway.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by derf
This car takes on historical status in 2 years here in PA. No smog. ever again.

​​​​​Bones, if I buy that vehicle, will you drop in a rebuilt lsj and matching tranny?

toomanny, what are the stats for the El Camino and is it for sale? A bit off topic I know but oh well. My wife would.... You know.... If I handed her the keys to it in the driveway.
If California had that kind of historical status I would just store the car until that time, and for sure rebuild and upgrade, but reality is something entirely different.
As for the off topic on my El Camino, nope not for sale, My wife would kill me if I sold it as she likes driving it as much as I do.... Now if someone has a Sky redline they wanted to trade...........

Old 02-04-2018, 07:51 PM

Hey, you write the checks, I’ll build you a forged LSJ and source an F40(6sp) trans to drop into that thing... the gearing of the six speed will bring highway mileage into the mid thirties, maybe near 40mpg, and the engine will handle just about as much air/fuel mass as you wanna throw at it... at SC2 weight, stock power will run high 13’s, TVS blower with supporting mods will get ya mid 12’s... go turbo and there’ll not be much to keep up with you short of built Corvettes or the like

Old 02-16-2018, 01:20 PM

Well, I am happy and sad at the same time.
I sold the Saturn to a kid last night. I had posted a CL ad, and was bombarded with scammers and flaky people. I just told some of them NO Way was I going to sell it to one of them. I was getting the "I only need it to run for 2 months until .. bla bla bla, What I was hearing is "I only want to drive it until it dies, not register it and abandon it when I am done"
So I got this call form this Kid (I call him a kid because I am old) anyway I was very honest to him about what the car needed and the condition of the rest of the car, he knows how to work on them so that was OK, he sent his wife over to look at it and she pulled up in a 96 SC, looked it over and really liked it, the next day he came by and also really liked it. He was looking for a project and was excited about how good shape the car was in and was already sourcing an engine for it, so I sold it to a guy who really wanted an SC2, and was willing to work on it, and in the end he will have a really nice car when he is finished with it.
So I am glad it got to someone who didn't want a temporary car to trash, but instead got the car he wanted and will cherish.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

Keepin' it in the "extended family", as it were......

Good job, sir......

(tell him he needs to come back and let you drive it when it's done........)

Old 02-17-2018, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

stick around, won't ya? I'm sure you can help answer tech questions,,,,

Old 02-17-2018, 08:20 AM

Congratulations on finding it a good home.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:18 PM

I was sad to sell my SC2, after owning it so many years and logging so many miles I was kind of picky about where it would go to spend the next phase of it's life. I guess we were both lucky to have found each other as the kid really wanted a SC2, and I wanted it to go to someone who would care for it as we did.
Funny how cars can become a part of your extended family, and even if the cost of repair outweighs the desire to keep it, we don't want it to end up in the crusher, or worse.

I'm not done with Saturn's just yet, there is something about the Sky that still has my attention. When I am done with the Datsun I may end up with one after all. :-)

Old 02-23-2018, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Yes indeed.

My former 95 SC2, now parked by my nephew, is being neglected and needs to move on to the next chapter of its life. TO someone who wants it and will give it the TLC it needs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great deal on 95 SC2