PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2000 SW2 may have to go

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 10:52 PM
Unhappy 2000 SW2 may have to go

Really don't want to sell but I've got more than I can deal with right now.
2000 SW2 of which I've shared many of my experiences with it in this forum has been sitting for about 2 months now. It' doesn't look like I'll be able to get back to fixing it any time soon.
I don't want it to become just another dead car in the yard (I've already got 5 others growing weeds).
Still runs and drives great except for the one dead cylinder. Probably a cracked valve (low compression on that one).
Would come with a crate of spare parts,etc. Could use new tires and exhaust. VA state inspection is expired 2/20.
Might be able to deliver if it's not too far from Bedford, Virginia.

Last edited by jamnar; 04-25-2020 at 09:37 AM. Reason: correction
Old 04-24-2020, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

I'll assume you have already posted at Saturn fans.
Might want to try sixthsphere.com. to die hard s car group. Full disclosure will likely get you a reasonable price even if sold as a parts car. Or someone may want a 2000 and up block for a new build.

I know what you mean about not throwing away something that matters to you. I for one do not think that is stupid. That's why my 95 SC2 is growing moss down in Ohio. It's been long enough. I'm getting it back on the road this summer. Don't know what I'm doing with it but it will drive again legally.

Please let us know how it goes.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:50 PM

Posted here first.
Like I said, I don't really want to sell. Love my Saturn but I know it's just going to sit until it becomes a major project if it stays with me.
Someone else might be in a better position to keep it going.

Old 04-25-2020, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck, and sorry at the same time.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

I listed those sites because I believe if someone buys it through those sites it will get a good home.

Please stay on the site. You've been a valued member for quite some time and have first-hand experience with a lot of things others do not.

But above all, you're a real person with a real life and an insane coolness about you given the hand you are currently holding.

Old 11-15-2020, 09:43 AM
Default update - back in action as daily driver

After both of our other daily drivers got sidelined due to breakdowns I had to put the old Saturn back on the road. Still needs tires, still runs on 3 cylinders but at least it starts, drives and stops.
After I do something with the 5 dead vehicles in the yard I'll put it up for sale again then (probably next year around this time).

Old 11-15-2020, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

This is as fun as it gets. Old reliable Saturn to the rescue.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

If it is any inspiration, I am in the process of putting my 95 SC2 back on the road after sitting under a tree for three and a half years. Almost there.

Old 10-22-2021, 12:01 AM
Default Shot in the dark

You still have that sw2 for sale I need a parts car for mine

Old 10-22-2021, 10:39 AM

Sorry, this is an old thread that should have been closed.
Although I did put the car up for sale again this year I've once again had to take it back off market, most likely permanently.
I do know it can be hard to find SW2 specific parts as I've only seen two in the local scrap yards in several years of searching.
Best of luck in your search!

Quick Reply: 2000 SW2 may have to go