Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Yuh, kinda braggin about my S car

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 02:43 AM
Default Yuh, kinda braggin about my S car

It's been off the road a long time waiting to finish the paint, and I finished it. I have some touch up I have to do 'cause I did not bend real well when I painted it but it is doable. Today I drove the car to the hospital to see Valerie, the first time it has been out of the driveway in a long time. Some of the switches still don't work due to lack of use and I guess if I have to I can find replacements but the fool thing never disappoints me when it comes to driving it.
There was a fellow at the hospital waiting for the golf cart limo to come by and transport him to the bus stop to get back to Phoenix close to where I live. So I offered him a ride.
The doggone car keeps going down the road well, quiet I suppose even by today's standards, a/c humming and it did not miss a lick. Being as we have owned it since 1996 it is not as we thought a perfect car. It is a little hard for taller people to sit in, the cup holder is in the consul in the middle of the back seat so hard to reach and that 15 HP I wish it had is now in the newer cars with adjustable cam shaft technology but until I hit a 6% grade with cruise set on 75, it is not noticeable.
As to the impromptu hitchhiker, his comment was, you wouldn't know the thing was 25 yrs old and hadn't been driven in a month of Sundays.
It is just kinda fun to drive.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Very nice.