Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Winter storms suck

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 04:18 PM

I agree on the measure. All current AZ residents can BITE US!

Old 02-24-2015, 06:19 AM

Dang! I missed you guys. Where else can you find such a comforting total lack of respect?

Old 02-24-2015, 07:23 PM

Nowhere else, only here can you find such a lack of respect, lol...

Seriously though, the cold here is pretty harsh. I have noticed a 35% drop in fuel economy in my car, a perplexing condition since my truck has maybe seen a 5-10% drop...

Old 02-26-2015, 10:22 AM

Looks like the measure passed. We are officially bitten.

Had some snow come through yesterday evening/night. The wet, heavy stuff. Of course TDOT didn't treat the roads first, so the drive home kinda sucked, and then I got to the big/steep hill. Dumb and Dumber were playing wipe out and retrieval. Some idiot in an S10 ditched his truck, then his buddy in a Suzuki Somethingorother 4WD little jeepie looking thing was trying the rescue. Naturally, they had the hill blocked. Suzukiman actually strapped the 4WD to the guardrail and was I guess using that as an anchor for pulling S10 out. Didn't work. So, there I am, around 12:30am, trying to decide what direction I want to go when the TDOT salt truck (sans plow) comes along to treat the hill. Did I mention by this time I had to pee? One of the TDOT guys walks up the hill to see what D & D are up to. Meanwhile, TDOT driver said they were going to make 2 passes on the hill, then in about 10 minutes it should be ok for me to go. BTW, I did have the foresight to drive the Exploder last night, standard tranny and really good tires even if it's only 2WD. D & D finally get S10 out of ditch and it slowly drives down the hill. D commences to WALK UP the hill, gets into 4WD and they drive back DOWN the hill. WTF??? TDOT makes first run up hill while 4WD gets in behind me. Guess 4WD couldn't make it up the hill w/o the salt but had to wait for his buddy to walk up and try before coming down and making a fresh run. Sheesh. Dude, it's ice now courtesy of your dumb @ss, you should have just followed your buddy to start with and the salt truck would have gotten through like, say, 15 minutes sooner and I HAVE TO PEE!! Well, TDOT finishes 2 passes and stops by me, lets me know to wait for them to turn back around and they'll make sure I get up the hill. D & D don't wait, they just run up the freshly salted hill and disappear from my sight. Good thing. I waited for TDOT, dropped the Exploder into 1st and got rolling without sliding, caught 2nd and talked her up the hill without further drama. I got home last night @ 1:30. Some people are just STOOPID.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:20 PM

You've been in Tennessee long enough to expect that kind of crap out of idiots, Ginny. You shouldn't be surprised. Did your back teeth start to float? LOL

Old 02-27-2015, 10:35 AM

Rube, I expect idiocity, but this went above and beyond the call of duty. If you're going to attempt a rescue with a 4WD, at least make it bigger than the vehicle you're trying to pull out. I thought that was a rule even the stupider than average redneck dumbass learned.

Back teeth were still ok, but it was getting close!

Old 02-27-2015, 10:57 PM

I've seen some pretty successful rescues done by tiny rescue vehicles... My Taurus was saved from red clay by a geo tracker... I'll save that story for later though...

Old 03-04-2015, 01:09 AM

And look at the weather, on Thursday (unless it's changed) we're supposed to be on the bottom edge of MORE crap! Yay. NOT.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:52 PM

Oh yeah, it's supposed to get nasty around here tomorrow... The governor called a state of emergency(I think)... It's rained all day, (creeks are flooding) and it's supposed to snow like 8" sometime between now and tomorrow...

Old 03-05-2015, 01:05 AM

We're getting sleet as I type. Fortunately the drive home tonight was cake. Sleet/freezing rain/snow until late morning. May not go to work, we'll see what the roads look like. With the drive I have to make, I won't risk it if it's bad.

Quick Reply: Winter storms suck