Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

What's Happened to Mandee

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 08:22 AM
Default What's Happened to Mandee

I haven't seen any posts from Mandee in a while. Anyone know what's up with her and her Saturn? I sure hope the boyfriend and kids are okay. And her too, of course. Last I recall, was when I was packing to move and she was having clutch problems with her car. Anyone know if she ever got that resolved?

Old 07-24-2015, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

clutch was worn down --bad to the bone {George Thorogood}

new slave cyl exploded, then took it apart and found bad clutch disc.
I'm sure life with the new one in it is doubly challenging. Can't imagine that stress along w the rest of life

Old 07-24-2015, 11:34 AM

Clutch got fixed and new baybay fresh out of the oven.

Old 07-25-2015, 12:36 PM

Sorry I've been MIA lately. Last 2 weeks has tested me in more ways than one. I'm emotionally and mentally exhausted. Long story short is I'm a single mom of 2 due to some domestic violance. I'm alive and so are my kids and that's all that matters right now. I'm taking it a day at a time and trying to keep myself from drowning. If anyone wants to talk to me regularly you're better off texting me. 352-322-3042. Glad to see someone misses me. Love y'all

Old 07-25-2015, 12:38 PM

Oh yea and the saturn is running good. Just did my oil change and I've hit 100,000 miles :-(

Just need some new tires cuz the ones I have now are done but as stated above I'm just trying to keep from drowning so that's going to have to get put off til I can **** money I guess.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:39 PM

Sorry to hear about your ex being abusive... I watched it happen to my mom for years before she put a stop to it... It sucks on so many different levels... We all do miss you, and I might add that number to my contacts just so that I can make sure you're okay when you disappear momentarily...

I wish my Saturn had 100,000 miles again(up to 164k and counting), but I feel ya on the tires... Do they sell MasterCraft in your area? You might be able to get a set of those for under $300 installed on your ION(I'm assuming 205/55-16)... I bought a set of those for my Taurus last fall(205/60-16) for $66 each, installed...

Old 07-25-2015, 02:01 PM

Don't think texting me will bug me. Just don't want you to get in trouble. Lol I'll have to look at that....I need the desperatly.

As far as the abuse... It is what it is. Can't say that my face being slammed into the top of the dryer felt great but it did knock some sense into me lmao

Old 07-25-2015, 02:41 PM

Mandee, that is NOT ok.
What I want to say, I wont on a public forum.

Ill PM you my number. If you NEED ANYTHING, you let me know. I am not that far from you (8ish hours I believe).

I can probably help with your tire situation. I have 2 extra sets in my backyard.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

As I read this for the first time, my heart sank into my stomach, then my blood pressure went through the roof and I am now sweating it out.

Wrong on any and every level

But you and your kids are alive.

Seething......

Like Goalie, I will save my feelings about all of this for a more private discussion

Old 07-26-2015, 07:10 AM

I'm right there with Derf and Billy, Mandee. I'm not that far away in Lake Wales now, so if you really need some help, I'll see what I can do. NO man should ever lay a hand on a woman, regardless of the situation. If you see an 863 # show up on your text, it's me. So you can answer it without being afraid. I'll talk to my wife about your situation too. I'm sure she will want to chime in. And she's pretty smart!

Quick Reply: What's Happened to Mandee