Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Wanna help find these a good, loving home?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 06:28 PM

What I drive is of no interest to her... She would just be concerned about the clutch pedal and the salvage title. That, and she is opposed to me having a fast car, as I drive quickly anyway..

Old 03-08-2015, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
What I drive is of no interest to her... She would just be concerned about the clutch pedal and the salvage title. That, and she is opposed to me having a fast car, as I drive quickly anyway..
The clutch is a 2 min fix. Salvage title shouldn't matter, the car is fixed.
Its not fast. Its quick. Amd she doesn't need to know. Its just a Saturn XD

Old 03-09-2015, 09:58 AM

The clutch is an easy fix? A how-to would be excellent...

She is really bad about judging a car by its title...

It would be the fastest thing I have ever owned, by a pretty wide margin, plus there's no hiding the sporting intent with the flashy wheels and big spoiler screaming "BOY RACER"

Old 03-09-2015, 04:10 PM

there's no hiding the sporting intent with the flashy wheels and big spoiler screaming "BOY RACER"

Ill go into detail about it later when I have time.
The wheels look like any other chrome wheels on a new car, if those are the chrome ones. They also have grey ones on some. (I have 2 chrome and 2 dull ones). Tell yuh what, ill gladly trade spoilers with you. I wouldn't mind the high rise over the low. And while were at it, trade headlights, too XD
Lmao

And honestly, it really isn't that quick. Just feels fun because the throttle is a tad sensitive, and its blown. Although, with those mods, its probably pushing close to 300hp and feels a lot better than mine. I think im just bored and ready for more horseys.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:43 PM

I still haven't heard back from him... All I can do is text, I'm not on that forum... I could get the car Thursday, I will have my money by then (probably gonna have to let the gauges go though), but as of Wednesday, the Taurus is gone... I'm taking a big loss on it selling it to my mother for $1000, but that gives me the $2500 I need for either of the saturns on my radar, and it gives her a reliable car...

And, 300hp would feel extremely quick to me, in an ION... I did drive a boosted Ranger, supposedly making 330 at the wheel, but those weigh around 32-3300lbs... It felt pretty nasty though, once it spooled...

Last edited by 19bonestock88; 03-09-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:48 PM

He has not been on the slobalt forum either, im waiting to here back if he is willing to trade the headlights and spoiler XD

That is not much more than an Ion weighs. The Ions weight is just distributed better.
And a supercharged car is a different feeling than a turbo'd car. You start getting boost as soon as you hit the pedal instead of waiting til mid range for it to build.

The gauges aren't THAT important. Really all you need is an interceptor to tune it, but those go used for fairly cheap.

Basically for the pedal:
The master cylinder/pedal uses a ball joint set up.
The ball of the master cylinder clips into the retainer on the back of the pedal. He is talking about that retainer.
It's just a clip that you press together and it comes out, then pop the new one in.
Worst case scenario, it wore through the clip and started wearing out the pedal itself and that's why it wont stay down. (Happened in my 03, and I was to new of a driver to even realize the pedal was getting higher)
Then means you need a new pedal. But even at that, theyre interchangeable, and you can get one at a salvage yard for $15 from another Ion.

Last edited by goaliemo; 03-09-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:07 AM

I'm not 100% worried about the gauges... I plan to run an UltraGauge, and get an interceptor and probably an inexpensive boost gauge... I remember my moms 04 ION having clutch pedal troubles too, and they come up with a $.25 fix, as there are no IONs in salvage around here...

He's not gonna be willing to trade anything after Friday, but I might negotiate something with ya... He texted me back today, and we are working on a deal as we speak...

EDIT: the UltraGauge and the interceptor are very similar, but the interceptor has a way faster refresh rate... Probably gonna just run the UG until I can get an interceptor...

Last edited by 19bonestock88; 03-10-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:14 PM

I'm not 100% worried about the gauges... I plan to run an UltraGauge, and get an interceptor and probably an inexpensive boost gauge... I remember my moms 04 ION having clutch pedal troubles too, and they come up with a $.25 fix, as there are no IONs in salvage around here...

He's not gonna be willing to trade anything after Friday, but I might negotiate something with ya... He texted me back today, and we are working on a deal as we speak...

EDIT: the UltraGauge and the interceptor are very similar, but the interceptor has a way faster refresh rate... Probably gonna just run the UG until I can get an interceptor...
Hopefully it works out for yuh man!
You could pull a pedal out of a cobalt or hhr as well, but those are just as hard to find. I'm sure a bit more research, and there is a more permanent fix.
Good luck man! Hopefully he is willing to work a deal with you. Its a very clean looking car. It will be nice to see another redline that isn't on redline forums.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:13 PM

When I said, working on a deal, I meant, arranging for me to get the car... I'm not even bothering with a test drive, cause I know what an 04 ION feels like, and I can imagine one with double the power of the L61, lol... My reasoning is, why would he add all these mods to a worn out/broken chassis?

I just need somebody to drive me to get it, and follow me back to make sure nothing bad happens...

You don't know how excited I am at this deal...

Old 03-10-2015, 07:22 PM

When I said, working on a deal, I meant, arranging for me to get the car... I'm not even bothering with a test drive, cause I know what an 04 ION feels like, and I can imagine one with double the power of the L61, lol... My reasoning is, why would he add all these mods to a worn out/broken chassis?

I just need somebody to drive me to get it, and follow me back to make sure nothing bad happens...

You don't know how excited I am at this deal...
Congratulations!
I can't wait to see some pictures
And driving it is A LOT different than the 2.2. You will see what I mean. Amd remember, it takes 93 octane...smiles per gallon

Quick Reply: Wanna help find these a good, loving home?