Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Wanna help find these a good, loving home?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 08:39 PM

That's a clean looking ion. Mileage isn't bad, either.
06/07 are the best years for the Ion.
Plus, silver is the best color
Don't know if you would want to modify at all, but it will be harder to get it tuned if you do.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:06 AM

If I get it, mods will come... Most likely not much other than bolt ons though... Header, exhaust, intake, probably it... I thought the 05-up L61 was tunable by HPtuners? (maybe it was Trifecta?)
At any rate, I'm sure I could tune it with an AEM FIC, a wideband, and monitor for knock sensor...

Only stuff I'm worried about is the electronic throttle control(rather have cable)and the knowledge that the 06-07 IONs are so sensitive to the cleanliness of the intake...

Old 03-07-2015, 12:50 PM

05/06 l61s are Trifecta only.
I think they go by a different name now, WOT Tuning or something.
You don't really need a tune for the intake and exhaust, it would just help.
Might be able to tune it like that. I know someone figured out how to rewire the 03/04s to tune them. But I don't see it being worth.

If you want basic boltons- full exhaust, intake, 2.4 intake manifold, and the lsj throttle body. And a good suspension, it will be a dream car.

Old 03-07-2015, 01:08 PM

Come to think of it, you could probably do the exhaust, intake, and boost it for under 2k.
If you buy used parts, probably under 1500.
A complete supercharger kit goes for about 600. I got a full exhaust for 400.
And intakes you can get dirt cheap. Hell, I have an extra one from a cobalt I would sell you for dirt cheap if it fits an Ion (I can test fit it if youre interested).

Just my 2 cents. I love these damn cars. Haha

Old 03-07-2015, 04:56 PM

That looks like a really good price on it. I have no idea what they went for originally, but that is definitely do-able on most any budget. Then you get to keep your truck until you find what you REALLY want for one of them!

Old 03-07-2015, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by goaliemo
Come to think of it, you could probably do the exhaust, intake, and boost it for under 2k.
If you buy used parts, probably under 1500.
A complete supercharger kit goes for about 600. I got a full exhaust for 400.
And intakes you can get dirt cheap. Hell, I have an extra one from a cobalt I would sell you for dirt cheap if it fits an Ion (I can test fit it if youre interested).

Just my 2 cents. I love these damn cars. Haha
Yeah, it'll take a while for all that to happen... If I had an extra $2k lying around, I'd be redline shopping, lol... I could really see putting $4500 down and my ranger and coming out either even or with very little financed... I wish one of you guys were near the above mentioned car to check it out... I can't help but worry since it's an Ohio car...*cough, rust, cough*

And if I get the car, I would greatly appreciate any help I get... I just wish I could absolutely get it now... Every passing day, I fear it being sold...

Old 03-08-2015, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
Yeah, it'll take a while for all that to happen... If I had an extra $2k lying around, I'd be redline shopping, lol... I could really see putting $4500 down and my ranger and coming out either even or with very little financed... I wish one of you guys were near the above mentioned car to check it out... I can't help but worry since it's an Ohio car...*cough, rust, cough*

And if I get the car, I would greatly appreciate any help I get... I just wish I could absolutely get it now... Every passing day, I fear it being sold...
There's a redline in Virginia right now for just under 3k. Salvage title, but has around 60k on it. Lightly modded. Think he said he would go less if he kept his gauges. Car is immaculate.
Think you said youre in Virginia? On my phone. Cant check.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:15 AM

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/complete-cars-101/2004-black-ion-redline-315777/

There's the link. That price is a STEAL!
More in mods the he wants for the car. I know you said you didn't have the extra money. But still easy on the eyes.
I paid almost 3k for mine with double the miles, and the only mod was a short ram intake. Unless you consider straight piping the exhaust a mod...

Old 03-08-2015, 11:17 AM

He mentioned in the ad that there were 158k on the body, and the clutch pedal needs a clip to be held down... My wife may need convincing, but I. WANT. THIS. CAR.

I sent him a text...

Old 03-08-2015, 04:04 PM

Just take her for a ride in it.
That is all she needs.
Even if its not a numbers matching car, it is well worth it.
Plus with all those mods, it saves A LOT of money instead of being from the starting point.

That clip shouldn't cost much.
Yuh see I asked him if he wanted to swap spoilers and headlights?
XD
Even if you let him keep the gauges and pick it up for 2500, its a steal.
Just explain to the wife that boost is like an orgasm XD She may steal the car from you then XD

Quick Reply: Wanna help find these a good, loving home?