Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Stupid, non driving fools!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Default Stupid, non driving fools!

So, today leaving work I was walking out to my truck, and immediately noticed it: I have been hit. Marks on the header panel, headlight shoved all the way back to the bottom of its adjusters, and corner light chipped(could get me a ticket or a failed inspection)... I seen tire marks in the gravel stopping abruptly about 3 feet from the affected corner, and nothing on the ground. They stopped to pick up the pieces of my broken corner light, but didn't think to come and tell me they hit my truck?! Honestly, that's what bothers me the most... If they had come directly to me, I woulda told them it was fine... After all, marks buff out, I can readjust the light, and corner lights are like $20 on eBay...it's a third gen ranger after all, not a final year truck...

Anyway, I'm going to go to the plant manager in the morning and get the camera footage of the incident, and confront the person, and file a police report as necessary... After all, H&R is a criminal offense...
What they deserve, however, is a good old fashioned, country a$$ whuppin'...
Pics that were taken like five minutes after discovery...

Affected area
Name:  imagejpg1_zps037ca085.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  104.5 KB

Non damaged side for comparo...
Name:  imagejpg2_zpsaae2b9b4.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  89.3 KB

Crappy pic of the adjusters...
Name:  imagejpg3_zpsaeedde71.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  72.4 KB

Old 10-24-2014, 07:47 AM

I think we've all had that done to us at one time or another, man. That sucks, but some people are just low lifes.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, must not have wanted you to notice it happened at work.
People always forget they're on video these days.....They made the decision to leave.

Go get em. I would guess a larger pickup with a higher bumper with no backup sensors -- if the lot is small you could probably narrow it down yourself.

Last edited by derf; 10-25-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:31 PM

So, I feel pretty bad, quickly passing such harsh judgement... It was a co-worker that backed into my truck... He was in a 2012 F-150 Raptor, hence him missing my bumper... Didn't get him on camera, but the safety director and I walked through the full parking lot(looking for evidence) and there was a fresh scratch on his grey bumper with my E4 red smeared throughout... Anyway, when confronted with the evidence, he apologized profusely, saying that he didn't realize he actually hit me(believable given what he was driving),and after work(yes in the dark) he helped me line my headlight back up, finding the missing sliver from my corner light in the process (like 80% as good as before, I'll finish it myself tomorrow), and gave me $50 to buy a pair(not one) of new corner lights that match my headlights, not just used or re-pro stock replacements...

No police involvement, or insurance companies called... Just a good man fixing his error... I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome, or more embarrassed at how quickly I passed such harsh judgement...

Old 10-25-2014, 08:08 AM

Glad to hear you got it resolved and he was nice enough to fess up and make it right.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

In my experience, people that hit n run don't come back to tell. I don't think you were off the mark to pass such harsh judgement so soon. YOU were the one that had to walk the lot and find the evidence and confront him with it -- he obviously wasn't about to admit it.

He was a standup guy only after you made him be. But at least he was.
I might be inclined to believe he didn't know he hit you because if he did know, you would think he would have buffed the evidence off his truck....unless he's not that bright.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:17 PM

So, I ordered the pair of corners I wanted... And went to the local advance auto and bought the stuff to black me out, and new amber bulbs... So far, I'm $33 in...