Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Sold the SC1

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:05 AM

Octavious

Yea, I probably would faced with that.
Its a shame what happens to vehicles that dont get a certian gas mileage. Me and my buddies were cringing at some of the cars we've seen destroyed when cash for clunkers came out (Including a 2007 mustang gt - that car could have been resold - but they destroyed the engine) and others just sit on car lots.

I could care less about fuel economy. I get about 25 out of my saturn, mainly cause I beat it everywhere - but Im still perfectly fine with that. If I want fuel economy ill get a boring economy car
I could care less about fuel economy. I get about 25 out of my saturn, mainly cause I beat it everywhere - but Im still perfectly fine with that. If I want fuel economy ill get a boring economy car
==================
I actually do care about fuel economy. When I build an engine I generally improve both the performance, fuel economy and still have it smog legal. The Mercury Marine engine currently under construction will go like Stink, I figure 18 - 20 miles per gallon when installed in my 1976 Hornet Sportabout and be smog legal.
I really do not want to drive another car that gets 9 mpg and believe me I have had a few. Some claimed as a "Economy" model. That was because they were cheap to buy. Where as I recently looked at a Kia that the model is both available as a Hybred and as a standard one.
I can buy the non-hybred for about 15 grand. The hybred, comporably equiped for 30 grand. I can buy almost 5000 gallons of gasoline for the additional 15 grand. The odds are there is no way that I could ever get a return for my dollar spent with the hybred. In addition the cost of replacing all those batteries would get a tad costly and not to mention driving it?
What a bore.
and trade in value? At the cost of batteries, so much a ton at a wrecking yard.
No thanks.
Something that represents a false economy is not much of an investment.
Reality might make an interesting TV program when controversy is staged. However reality when lived?
Is rather boring and non-controversial
Automobiles have indeed become some what of an appliance.
As a representative of Old School, I still enjoy them. And as a tin box full of batteries and way too many doors, I'm not interested in the ones that are available lately.
I recently saw a Chrysler 4 door hard top station wagon though. That I could be interested in.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:20 AM

Sorry you had to lose your Saturn, but no reason to leave. Stick around a bit.