Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Severe pain in leg, help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

1) Start the ibuprofen or naproxen sodium ASAP -- I find it to be more effective, but everyone's different. Just make sure there won't be any interaction from these NSAIDs with any other medications you're taking or medical conditions you may have.

2) Assuming we're talking about a new PCP--see someone in the same clinic ASAP -- you can transfer doctors later (or at least try to, anyway--you can bullchit your way through it if you have to).

3) You need an x ray and a neurological exam ASAP.
Both will require referrals. PLEASE go ASAP

We're all being really pushy about this because of the danger involved in waiting and possibly causing irreversible damage.

All of you support me with my dizziness journey which is far from over.
In return, I will caringly pester you to hell to get yourself seen and get this resolved.

That's what family does.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Ya know -- depending on your medical coverage and your copay for emergency room visits, you'd actually get a physical exam, xrays, a neurological exam, MRI's if needed, and probably a diagnosis and treatment options in about 8 hours.

Also, I keep forgetting to ask -- is this injury job related ---meaning would it fall under worker's comp territory? Not saying to stick it to your employer unless it truly can be attributed to the job.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:02 PM

Got it. Will have to wait another four days(I work and didn't make the appt. beforehand) and I'll see one of the doctor's colleagues at his clinic or at least try to... I understand that I can't really wait much longer to at least get a diagnosis... The pain is getting pretty horrible(honestly 10/10) when I'm at work... The past few days have been a relief, but I go back in the morning...

Old 04-30-2015, 10:20 PM

Workers comp isn't for the workers anymore. It for the damn corporations. Standard answer by WC doc, "there's nothing we can surgically do for you right now." How do I know? Been there, done that. I was told there was nothing wrong with my shoulder by a company WC doc, when I got hurt on a job. I went out of network to another orthopedist who looked at the same MRI and said I had a torn rotator cuff. Explain that! X-rays don't show diddly squat if you have a disc or nerve problem. You NEED an MRI without and WITH contrast for a qualifed Neurosurgeon to look at. I'm bowing out on this one. After going through all of the same type thing with my wife, it just frustrates the hell out of me to see someone else going through the same type crap. My opinion has been stated and I'm done.

Last edited by Rubehayseed; 04-30-2015 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:43 PM

Sorry, taking sides with Derf and Charlie on this.
You have a family to take care of and support. Man to man I am telling you to resolve this issue ASAP. My dad is 49, and in the process of applying for disability now. My mom is on disability from her car accident almost 2 years ago, and watching her suffer everyday because the first years worth of doctors appointments, they kept telling her nothing was wrong.

I am 21. I played hockey for 13 years. Never took care of any bones I broke. How many 21 years olds do you know with carpal tunnel in both hands, 3 fingers that are still broken, and arthritis out the ***.
Yes, I am changing my diet and starting to take vitamins to try and slow it down because my insurance is garbage.

Point still being, nip it in the *** now. Handle it. We are all going through things, and we are all trying to look out for each other.
I see you guys as part of my family. I am not this close to anyone else on any other board/group/media etc.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

fingers still broken? As in bone segments still not fused back together?

Billy: {......I see you guys as part of my family. I am not this close to anyone else on any other board/group/media etc.......}

So do I.

My wife does not understand how I could possibly spend so much time on the forum. As of late, alot of it has been helping each other with things that have nothing to do with cars.

I don't give a crap that Rube is 15 yrs older, unc is 20 yrs older (and AWOL I believe) and you guys are 25 years younger than me. Unc has his special talents and knowledge, as does Rube, as do you two. We share common interests and have genuine compassion for each other

Not a whole lot more you can ask for

Old 05-01-2015, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Workers comp isn't for the workers anymore. It for the damn corporations. You NEED an MRI without and WITH contrast for a qualifed Neurosurgeon to look at. I'm bowing out on this one. After going through all of the same type thing with my wife, it just frustrates the hell out of me to see someone else going through the same type crap. My opinion has been stated and I'm done.
...and I agree 1000% with your opinion... I can't afford to take time off work(especially with no notice), but my next days off(starting Tuesday), I'll get the ball rolling, and see my new PCP... I've been limping around, half bent over, for over a year and I'm sick of it affecting every single aspect of my life in increasing completion...

Originally Posted by goaliemo
Sorry, taking sides with Derf and Charlie on this.
You have a family to take care of and support. Man to man I am telling you to resolve this issue ASAP.

Point still being, nip it in the *** now. Handle it. We are all going through things, and we are all trying to look out for each other.
I see you guys as part of my family. I am not this close to anyone else on any other board/group/media etc.
Originally Posted by derf
Billy: {......I see you guys as part of my family. I am not this close to anyone else on any other board/group/media etc.......}

So do I.

I don't give a crap that Rube is 15 yrs older, unc is 20 yrs older (and AWOL I believe) and you guys are 25 years younger than me. Unc has his special talents and knowledge, as does Rube, as do you two. We share common interests and have genuine compassion for each other

Not a whole lot more you can ask for
I agree with both goalie's sentiment and derf's... You guys are probably my closest friends, no exaggeration... And to think we all bonded over a car that most see as disposable...

I am going to call the clinic and set up an appointment for one of my nearest days off and hope they find something... Until then, I'm going to start a anti inflammatory regimen (no other medical conditions or medications for the NSAIDs to interact with) to hopefully ease pressure on that nerve(if that's the issue), and to help ease the pain... I need to go to work at 8:15a and the pain is keeping me up...

Old 05-01-2015, 12:14 AM

It really is crazy how something so simple as a car can bring people together.
Especially ones seen as "disposable". It really does take a special kind of person to like em.

You already know we expect to know when the appointment is.
Don't make me use my vacation time to come up there. And no, I wont beat your *** for not listening. Ill just take your car away. I know that will hurt more.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

hell, I'm much closer to him.
I am handicapped by the 20 lbs of body fat that relocated from below the belt to above, but if I can get a decent head start from the house with the keys, I should get away with it.

Sounds like I'll just have to start in 3rd to keep from breaking out house windows with flying gravel.....

Old 05-01-2015, 03:06 AM

Aren't we all handicapped 20 pounds above the belt?
start in 3rd. Lawlz

Quick Reply: Severe pain in leg, help?