Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Score

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 06:11 PM
Default Score

So, since I had to warranty one of my Milwaukee batteries, I got stuck buying another one. Granted. I have 2 batteries now (took 6 weeks to get my original replaced) but if I hadnt of sold my air impact after buying the Milwaukee, I could have saved $165.
Been on the lookout for a cheap Ingersoll to keep as a back up in my box at work since then.
Butttt I found this at a thrift shop today. Not what I wanted.
I will have to wait until work Monday to make sure it works.
The best part? $5!!! Five freaking dollars!!!
No part number or serial number on it. So I can't get exact specs. But guessing around 500ft/lbs. Wont make a bad back up.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:30 AM

Man, for five bucks, if that sucker works, you made a major score. Most shops don't care what the max torque is. They just crank you lug nuts or whatever until they figure that's tight enough! LOL I have heard of that brand but don't remember where.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:35 AM

They had a bunch of corded tools for $10-20. So I figured it would be in that range.
also had a bunch of craftsman screwdrivers stamped made in usa. I'll be going back for those. They're$2 each

Old 01-16-2022, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mine are 30 years old, Craftsman screwdriver sets. The ones from that era have a plastic component in the handle that smells like nasty feet after it ages. They say you can wash it away. You can't. So give those a good snort before you shell out your hard earned money you should be mailing to me

Old 01-16-2022, 05:36 PM

Looks like an older version of this: https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/30080873

Old 01-17-2022, 11:39 AM

Noice!!!! Pro-Source; I might have box wrenches at home from them. I'll take a look when I get back.

Battery-powered impacts have come a long way. Back when I had my 2nd Ranger; I went to switch out the stock 14" wheels for the original 15" Crown Vic wheels that I had lying in the garage. I'm gonna guess that the Ranger wheels hadn't been off of that truck for a long time as most of them were nearly seized on there. I twisted up my tire iron attempting to take the lugs off; and I nearly killed my electric impact. Took the Ranger to the mechanic to loosen up the lugs; and he sends his kid out with a Milwaukee cordless impact. I laughed and said he needed something bigger. He just went and zipped them off and then back on like it was nothing. Ate a good bit of humble pie; washed down with shut up juice that day LOL

Old 01-17-2022, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by derf
Mine are 30 years old, Craftsman screwdriver sets. The ones from that era have a plastic component in the handle that smells like nasty feet after it ages. They say you can wash it away. You can't. So give those a good snort before you shell out your hard earned money you should be mailing to me
The last set I had smelled weird too. But they were solid.
hard earned money? I got stuck dropping money on security cameras and new locks for my storage tonight because someone broke in. Livid is an understatement.

Originally Posted by jamnar
Looks like an older version of this: https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/30080873
Closest ive been able to find as well. Good news is it works!

Old 01-17-2022, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Chickenbone
Noice!!!! Pro-Source; I might have box wrenches at home from them. I'll take a look when I get back.

Battery-powered impacts have come a long way. Back when I had my 2nd Ranger; I went to switch out the stock 14" wheels for the original 15" Crown Vic wheels that I had lying in the garage. I'm gonna guess that the Ranger wheels hadn't been off of that truck for a long time as most of them were nearly seized on there. I twisted up my tire iron attempting to take the lugs off; and I nearly killed my electric impact. Took the Ranger to the mechanic to loosen up the lugs; and he sends his kid out with a Milwaukee cordless impact. I laughed and said he needed something bigger. He just went and zipped them off and then back on like it was nothing. Ate a good bit of humble pie; washed down with shut up juice that day LOL
I haven't came across a bolt my Milwaukee hasn't been able to break free yet. Ive got the fuel high torque. Something like 1200 ft/lbs. Its insane.

Old 01-18-2022, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

Oh so now we're playing mine is bigger than yours?

I love those cordless and pics but they are loud

Old 01-18-2022, 10:02 AM

It is big

Quick Reply: Score