Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Saturnless Again

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 01:42 PM

If you aren't already, check out the cruiser forum. If it is anything like the redline forum, or slowbalt forum, people will sell used performance parts dirt cheap.
From what I was reading, a simple intake and downpipe cane raise boost a bit before needed to get it tuned. I would say a boost controller to turn it up a bit, but people were saying they don't work because the turbo is ecu controlled, so it would wouldn't let the extra air build.

But obviously a tune up would come first.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:28 PM

Thanks for the tip, Billy. I had no idea there was a cruiser forum. I don't know how long I'll be hanging on to it, because if it doesn't get fairly decent mileage one I get the pretzel distributorship going, I'll have to sell it and get something more economical. Like a Kia Soul. Plenty of room in one of them for my totes and gets good mileage. No acceleration like the turbo, but I can learn to live without it......eventually!

Old 07-12-2015, 11:52 PM

CHEVY SPARK TURBO!!!

I kinda want one. No clue why.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

Man are you bored.
Count me in.

Haven't heard from Unc in weeks
Haven't heard from Alpha in weeks
Alot of our other new members seem to have drifted into the ether -- hopefully not for good.

I know not everyone wants to read about me goalie, and bones talking Ion Redlines and mods. I don't blame you.

There just doesn't seem to be much in the way of malfunctioning Saturns. Well there are many; the owners are just no coming HERE to ask questions....

Can one of the new crew start an off topic post about something ---ANYTHING.
I contributed with the Keurig post.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:52 AM

Most forums I've been on have gone like that, derf. There will be a quiet spell when everyones car is doing good and then all hell breaks loose. It seems to run in cycles for some reason. By the middle of August, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of heat related problems, just like in January/February when the cold starts taking it's toll!

Last edited by Rubehayseed; 07-13-2015 at 06:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-13-2015, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Yea, I know.....

But I've been on this forum 10 years....we seem to have reached a new silence level...

Just don't want the newly joined members to lose interest...

Old 07-13-2015, 03:24 PM

Trust me, I haven't lost interest. I can't speak for the other new members but this site has a lot of value for me, I just can't put much time into searching and posting right now. My Saturn is actually one of my lesser problems I'm dealing with right now. Dealing with some serious s--t that's taking up a lot of my time. The Saturn trying to break down in the middle of it is just the icing on the cake. The good news is that the tranny hasn't gotten any worse and so far I've been able to work with it's limitations. Hasn't helped that the few times it hasn't been raining around here I've either been at work, on the road or up to my elbows in other matters.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

It's all good. We're a pretty tight family here. If you wanna see how tight, go read about my dizziness or bonestock's leg pain or mandee's tranny nightmare

Every once in a long while we get a sudden swell in membership (>10 posters) who are really cool people. You guys add value to the site and bring fresh perspectives to things we all think we know.

We discuss anything and everything here (within limits).
Feel free to chime in with advice, or post your own "thread of woe"(if you're comfortable and it serves as a release) -- we're all caring people and will try to help you out.

We all get caught up life.

Just don't want the latest members to vanish -- you're a great group and have already provided invaluable feedback to many via advice and the sharing of knowledge...

We'll see ya when we see ya. Thanks for checking in

Old 07-23-2015, 10:36 AM

Hey guys! Been MIA for a bit, but still alive and kicking. During the summer I don't take as much 'puter time, I guess we're just doing more other stuff. I do, however, think about y'all.

Will try to be better checking in...

Old 07-23-2015, 04:23 PM

You'd better start checking in more often, Ginny. Derf will probably ban you for not staying active, right derf? LMAO

Quick Reply: Saturnless Again