Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Saturn Fans

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 11:29 PM
Default Saturnfans is a total joke

Saturnfans admin is bull**** I literally just got banned for no specific reason is what it said posted on 1 forum thread logged in bout 3 hours later and was banned all I did was answer a dudes question

Old 10-22-2021, 10:47 AM

Blows my mind how I never got banned from there. If you guys think I'm blunt and rude here, go dig through my responses there from back in the day 🤣

Old 10-22-2021, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

You are quite the ayrse hail, DD, regardless of your incarnation, name tag, location, IP address, storytelling, and cooking.

But where will we be without you and your general crudeness? The unfortunate part is you have a lot of knowledge that none of us do so we have to keep you around. It's like having an idiot savant brother.

Remember when I tried to ban you on your birthday?

Then there was Mandy. I was in touch with her for several years. Then I wasn't.

Oops I am horribly off topic.

FBoy, what was the question and what was the answer you gave?

Old 10-22-2021, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

I used to help sw2cam manage the forum user list. That was back in the days when robot accounts would appear by the dozens each day and when at one point we were trying to enforce a post minimum over a two-week time period And if you didn't meat it you got whacked. I think the number was about 120 some users that had either met that criteria and were grandfathered in with the rest of us or were active posters or incoming new people.

It's probably been at least 6 years since I've actually looked at the user list. The spam filtering has improved so much we don't get crap spam posts anymore and haven't for years so I don't worry about it.

If you would like to feel especially abused, I can ban you for a few days from here and then let you come back. Let me know

Old 10-22-2021, 09:45 PM

I'm a mod over on redline forums. We get maybe 1 or 2 a week. But like you said. It's set up so its almost impossible to get through now.

I do remember when you tried to ban me.
Lmao I come and go as I please.

Old 10-23-2021, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by DropDead
Blows my mind how I never got banned from there. If you guys think I'm blunt and rude here, go dig through my responses there from back in the day 🤣
I'm being totally serious when I ask this question; and I mean no offense asking this.........

You're blunt and rude? I know I am a nOOb here, but I have not gotten that from you. With that said, the saturnfans forum sounds like corral.net. A lot of good information over there; that gets ruined by all of the drama and politics. Though now I am curious about saturn fans and will see what they're about.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

DD knows I am kidding.
Always be Goaliemo to me. But we all change our identities as we travel through life.
It's all good.

DD can be pleasant -- especially when you're pleasant to him.
DD can be helpful -- especially when you're pleasant to him.

DD is straightforward with information -- no dancing, sugarcoating, or pasties. It is what it is.
DD will tell you what you don't want to hear -- even if it is not what you don't what to not hear at the time.

DD has opinions. Some are strong. Some are stronger. Not afraid to share and is intelligent enough to defend them with what he sees as important. Most people don't like or can't handle that. Someone with conviction who's not fronting it nor supporting it w BS.
I may disagree with him at times but I respect the dude.

I saw a picture of him once. There's a pic thread on the forum somewhere where the regulars were calling out each other to show their faces for once. I think he's on there and so am I. Andy - I think that was before your time, I'll try to find the thread and post it here because it's not relevant to the conversation.

DD is now apparently working out of a rat-infested "space" since all his non-rat-infested space in the fields simply wasn't enough. Do I challenge his decision to rent it without tying the lease to successful eradication of said rodential populous? - no.

Here's a real-time poem about DD from some version of me to him:

ODE TO DD

Blood and knuckles everywhere//
Go ahead if you wanna stare//
DD just be doin his life//
Rearview mirror too much strife//
LSJs, women, and children about//
Feel justified? look down your snout//
Met him many ages ago//
Heavy head and much in tow//

The man is stubborn, his views often stiff//
Very un-lemming, he's still on the cliff//