Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

A Little Excitement in my Garage

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 07:20 AM
Default A Little Excitement in my Garage

When my daughter and I got home from her doctors appointment yesterday, I opened the garage door to come in. When I stepped through, I saw what I thought was a short piece of rope on the floor. As I stepped closer, it moved and that's when I realized it was a snake. Yep, the babies are hatching all over the place here right now. At first I thought it was a young black racer and that's fine with me. I like them. Good to have around. Upon a closer inspection, this damn thing started bouncing and flopping around like it had Mexican jumping beans inside it. That's when I realized it was what is called a "nutty" snake. Actually it's a pygmy rattlesnake. Sooooo, I dispatched his "nutty" attitude with a pickaxe. One precisely placed chop about two inches behind the head and it was all over. I don't mind having black racers in the yard and around the house, but can't tolerate any poisonous ones. My wife and kids and dog are too important to me to allow them to hang out here. Upon researching these little bastards, I have come to find out that they're extremely toxic too! You'd never think something so small, could be so bad! Here's a picture of what the little turd looked like. http://www.247wildlife.com/images/pygmyrattlesnake.jpg

Last edited by Rubehayseed; 08-16-2016 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:26 AM

Four swings before I actually hit the little bastard, derf. And NO, I don't like the poisonous types of anything. In retrospect, I kind of wish I'd caught it. Maybe I could have found a lab to have sold it to so they could make anti-venom. If I come upon another one, I'll see about catching it. That MIGHT be really exciting, right?

Old 08-18-2016, 11:28 PM

Hmm, I have never heard of such a snake... However, I agree that any venomous ones near my home need immediately dispatched... With it flopping around, wouldn't that make catching one extremely dangerous? I would hate to hear of you bitten trying to catch such a snake...

Old 08-19-2016, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

you wouldn't hear of it unless he decided to post to the forum before calling 911

Old 08-19-2016, 12:40 PM

Relax fellas. If I decide to catch one, I'll simply put a five gallon bucket over it and then slide a thin piece of wood under it. Lift and flip and put the lid on it. I've done that before and it works pretty damn good. Here's a video link for them, Bones. Check it out.

Last edited by Rubehayseed; 08-19-2016 at 12:54 PM.