New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

My little car

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 07:34 AM

I have a 2001 Saturn SC1, base model [img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]

I wanna tune her up, increase the horsepower, and make it a better handling little thing. She's got a lot more guts than my old car, which if you care to know, just ask.

Never really thought about doing anything to it, till lately, so, if anyone can help me out with some info as to what i should be looking at for parts, it'd be greatly appreciated..

Old 03-12-2006, 11:13 AM

A cold air intake and bigbore throttle body will help performance a bit. A set of EIBACH drop springs and antirollbars with do wonders for the handling. SPS has most everthing you need and it's well tested. Here is a link.

http://www.spswebpage.com/

Old 03-12-2006, 11:55 AM

What do you think about the performance upgrade stuff they sell on ebay?

Old 03-13-2006, 01:03 PM

I personally wouldn't be buying stuff on ebay. But, that's just my opinion. I'll buy other stuff, but when it comes to my car, i'm going to go and buy stuff that i know is brand new. I know that some of the people who sell stuff on ebay actually have the stuff brand new, but i've had problems with ebay. I'd rather just buy it at a store (which won't happen in the part of canada that i live in) or buy it online from a reputable source.

Thanks for the info on a site to get stuff from....

I am also looking into getting some new brake pads, and rotors, or discs, whatever.

The ones on my car are a little warped, and i don't want to get any of that OEM stuff, cause it sucks.

Any help on a good place to get that would be super awesome

Old 03-13-2006, 01:47 PM

I had bought a power mirror for an expedition. The part came and looked and worked okay, you could just tell that it was cheaper material that Motorcraft stuff. I was just wondering of anyone else had other experiences.

Old 03-13-2006, 01:55 PM

ahhh, i see i see.

I've never bought auto parts from ebay. I'd rather not with that. But, different strokes for different folks i guess..

Old 03-13-2006, 01:58 PM

I have a friend that really suped up his Civic using parts off ebay. He didn't have any problems, and he got some serious gains hp wise.

Old 03-13-2006, 02:06 PM

well, it happens.

I'm just not that kind of person. Plus, i'm sure if i bought parts off of ebay, my boyfriend would murder me. He says that he can get me some good aftermarket parts for some good prices. Apparently.... Oh well.

It's like everything though. One person can get something from ebay, not have a problem with it, and someone else can get the same thing, and have nothing but problems.

Old 03-13-2006, 02:10 PM

Youre right. It really is a chance... Sometimes you can score really good deals, and other times get ripped off. Some people just have more gamble in their blood... Also, positive vs negative feedback helps to establish reputation.

Old 03-13-2006, 02:42 PM

that's fer sure. Well, it's all your choice. If you really wanna get parts from ebay, that's rockin. just read the feedback that those people have, and you can use that to help determine whether or not to get parts from there.

Quick Reply: My little car