Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Just Moved Out near Pittsburgh

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 11:12 PM

When you get done, you want to come and finish installing these laminate floors for me? I've got a torn meniscus in my left knee and it's getting rough getting up and down to do these dang things. I'm trying my best to put off surgery until this winter. Supposed to go have some Synvisc injected sometime next week, I HOPE! Maybe that'll help. The cortisone didn't do jack.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

don't do laminate sorry. My contractor buddy does most of the work.

On another topic, it is DAMN hilly around here and a SC2 with the air on is like driving the :I THINK I can I THINK I can" train.

We still need to replace the Vue I totaled with something a bit beefier under the hood. SUV/CUV nothing extravagant.

Suggestions?

Old 08-16-2013, 04:46 AM

There are enough 7% grades out here that I wish the SC2 I have had another 15 HP. I'd be happy to find a set of cams for the engine and be willing to go through the work to put them in but they don't exist.
Oh I have seen an ad or so for cams manufactured by some one I never heard of at exotic prices which always raises a flag as to whether they actually exist or not but the standard cam manufacturers have never had a listing.
I never tried contacting them either as to go that far I would have to be already having an engine half apart for rebuilding and mine does not need that nor do I see it needing it in the foreseeable future.
I don't have a suggestion for an SUV. I am not much of a fan of the configuration. I guess I never have been. The only one that tweaked my interest was as it happened a Vue, but the transmission shut me off so never bought one. I prefer a Van instead and my Chrysler with Stow and Go interior serves my purpose quite well.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:59 AM

Just stay away from a Chevy Equinox. POS that I had has turned me against them all together. One electrical problem after another prompted the trade on my new Chrysler 200. I love this car! If I was going to get another SUV, I'd get another Hyundai Santa Fe. I had zero problems out of the one I used to have.