Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

I guess I might as well post the obligatory IM BACK post

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 08:20 PM
Default I guess I might as well post the obligatory IM BACK post

As ive already said hello to bonestock, HELLO EVERYONE ELSE! Miss me hahahahahahaha. How is everyone, I hope fine. Ive pulled the laptop out from the shadows under my bed and I found it a good place on the counter where ill finally use it again.

No saturn yet unfortunately. I just bought a bronco for a winter beater (shouldve been a saturn but the opportunity was right in my face with the bronco, couldnt pass it up) The only thing I can say is I will be in another blackberry sl2 soon hopefully, especially with the new, much better paying job coming up.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have quite abit of reading to do - lots to catch up on

one of these photos is how I actually got into the passenger door of the bronco, theres a good story on how I acquired it

Attached Thumbnails I guess I might as well post the obligatory IM BACK post-imag0536.jpg   I guess I might as well post the obligatory IM BACK post-imag0540.jpg   I guess I might as well post the obligatory IM BACK post-imag0546.jpg   I guess I might as well post the obligatory IM BACK post-imag0557.jpg  
Old 12-27-2015, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Well it's about time.....
Welcome back

Old 12-27-2015, 08:50 PM

Another SL2 again, eh? I thought we were all playing with IONs now, lol...

Except Derf, he's usually last onto the bandwagon... He still drives an S car...

Old 12-27-2015, 09:09 PM

I love my s-seriesesses haha. I saw an old lady driving around a very clean 99 Homecoming last year and asked her if she wanted to sell it. She said she would never and I told her I dont blame you lol.
I did get to drive the supercharged 4 banger (in cobalt ss guise) and I liked how it drove, but the interior on the cobalt was terrible (i havent sat in an ion redline yet. Id imagine theyre nicer with less plastic since they came before the cobalts. The cobalt felt like a fischer price toy inside) couldnt help but feel it was much smaller than the s-series inside too. However it felt slower than i thought it would (it was bone stock with 150k on it, probably beat to hell). I think ive been spoiled by my trucks acceleration, i have way too much fun in that

Old 12-27-2015, 09:38 PM

the interior of an IRL is just like the regular ION, but you get Recaro seats(only available on the G85 Cobalt SS)... I'm not surprised you were underwhelmed with the stock acceleration of an LSJ car though, I've driven my car at low boost and wasn't impressed either... Then again, I was spoiled in having bought my car already cranked up to Stg.3, plus header and exhaust... I have a thread in the ION section, I think page 12 has my 0-100 video...

Old 12-27-2015, 09:49 PM

Im going thru your thread now, there is alot to read hahahahhaa. But that video was impressive. Lets race the ion against the diesel lol. Ill give you a good run up to 80 . I hit fuel cutoff at 103 cause of towing gears.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:07 PM

103? That seems plenty for a 3/4 ton truck, but then again, my car's been at just above 130(no video recorded), and it seemed well planted... Ran out of straight road, as I wasn't on the interstate, lol..

Old 12-27-2015, 10:23 PM

im getting taller gears when I do a compressor wheel. 4.10s now and im prolly gonna change to 3.73s. want alittle more run out but still want to have alot of get up and go with the trailer. Its fun throwing 6k # on the back and keeping up with people still hahaha. On our way back from the north corner of Jersey after picking up my cousins rb20 swapped s13 i was playing with a stanced scion tc , he only got a car length away (started to gap me very slowly) by the time we let out. straight stretch of course lol. Its not that bad at top end, but its an older truck so it doesnt have the best highway manners to begin with. Last time i recorded it it was 16ish seconds to go from 0 to top end if i get all the shifts right

Old 12-28-2015, 09:25 PM

Welcome back!!

LSJ swap an S-series!!

Old 12-28-2015, 09:37 PM

Oh, and by the way, I am Billy.
Supposedly derf lets me help him run this place.
Its just a title though because I am that awesome

And like he said in the other post, my redline, will not have a single stock part when im done.
My 03 on the other hand, only thing I changed is the shift **** and boots, otherwise all stock original owner

You'll learn, LSJ everything, L61 daily allll dayyy!

Quick Reply: I guess I might as well post the obligatory IM BACK post