Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Holiday greeting

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 02:52 PM

In the late '90s (I think circa 1997) whilst sitting at a light in my Malibu (when it still had the 496bbc in it); I got in a rev battle with a kid in a Monte Carlo with a roots blower. Then a Chrysler Sundance (I think that's what it was) convertible with a bunch of chicks pulled up behind us; so the kid wanted to show off; and challenged me to a race. Mind you, this was on one of the main drags into town; in the late afternoon; on a Saturday. So I'm like "nah, you can go". The chicks egged us on anyways. So he proceeds to light them up when the light turned green. Must have been a manual valve body because I was counting the shifts (actually only the 1 shift); when I heard what sounded like a gunshot. Looked up and saw his blower hat flying through the air. He had enough momentum to roll into the Gulf station right before you get into town. I laughed a little; the chicks laughed a bit more; pretty sure the mechanic laughed a bit when he wrote out that invoice.

Oh, and that 496 came out of my Malibu and went into a buddy's El Camino a few months later. From that point forward; everybody who knew me or of me; thought I still had the 496 in there; when in reality, I had put the 305sbc back in. The good ol' dayz LOL

Old 12-29-2021, 03:20 PM

Got a job offer at a gmc/Buick stealership today. Half the drive time from where I'm at now. Same money.

I needs to find me an old school rig to tinker with now that I'll have some free time.

Wait. I still have a shop full of non running cars 😔

Old 12-30-2021, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the new job.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:26 PM

Yay for new job!!!!

Old 12-30-2021, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

There goes the discount you promised none of us

Old 12-30-2021, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

In all seriousness,

Congrats DD.

Another step down the path of life
Don't know if it's Grand or will lead to strife
Do your best to totally fit in
I know for you that's pretty much a sin
Fix them clunkers
Before they build bunkers
From sitting in the flowers
And sinking during showers
Tie and shirt for the first 5 days
No one will understand your ways

And that's exactly how you want it

Old 12-31-2021, 08:40 AM

You gotta do what you gotta do to keep yourself safe, Billy. Good for you with the new job and your old boss should be reported to OSHA for unsafe work conditions. There's NO JOB in this world that is worth risking your life for. I told several "bosses" over the years to shove a job up their backsides if I deemed it unsafe. Not a damned one of them ever offered to take me up on the *** whooping in the parking lot, either. It's probably a good thing for me that a couple of them didn't because they were bigger than me!

Old 12-31-2021, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, you have to have the OSHA evidence documented up the wazoo ahead of time if it is related to a personal incident. So like if you had taken pictures of the truck, pictures of the plaque showing the truck's weight, pictures of the brand of lift and model of lift, any cracks in the floor around where it is mounted, any leaking hydraulics, etc then you have a chance. If it's not documented it didn't happen. If they are doing other unsafe practices routinely such that a surprise OSHA inspection would get them nailed, wait about 9 months, then put in an anonymous tip. The 9 months is for them to forget about you possibly being the tipster

Old 01-01-2022, 07:48 AM

If he's not working there anymore, what difference would it make if they know Billy's the tipster or not, derf? I think he's tough enough to handle anyone that would confront him.

Old 01-01-2022, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Reputation damage in the industry. To his new boss.
property damage under cover of darkness.

​​​​​​Don't want the reputation of being a snitch.

Quick Reply: Holiday greeting