Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Holiday greeting

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 09:56 AM

That's the slowest I've ever been pulled over for. And it was going to go to court if he wrote me a ticket because I watched him make an illegal u-turn crossing double yellow lines on the side road to pull me over.
I'll take the warning though.
if it makes you feel better I was born in '93 😂

Old 12-26-2021, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

I was in grad school in 93 getting over educated.

As far as the u-turn, I'm pretty sure Billy that once in pursuit, all bets are off as to traffic regulations that police have to follow. They run lights, drive on the wrong side of the road, jump medians, etc so I would not count on a judge being sympathetic.

Old 12-27-2021, 07:38 AM

No, Billy. It doesn't make me feel better knowing you were born in 93. It just makes me feel old. LOL

Old 12-27-2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by derf
57 and rain.

Who stole winter? Probably the same person who stole fall since there are still some leaves on some of my trees.

Where is Middle Michigan? I think I asked but I forgot. Lansing? Fond du Lac? Some place that starts with the letter A and has a college? Appleton?
Hey derf, good afternoon.

Mid-Michigan, I guess the fest way to say is I’m just to the left of where your thunder meets your right hand. I know it’s a cliche, anyone from Michigan pulls out there right hand and points to where they live.

yes, Lansing is in Michigan, fond de loc and Appleton is in Wisconsin. As for A towns with colleges, maybe Albion or Alma maybe?

back in high school (late 70’s) cruising the main drag in the biggest town in the county, 2 stoplights Driving from the newly opened McD’s on S end of town the the grocery store on the N end of town. Anyway, 3 of us in my buddy’s malibu, bench seat. Guy in the middle sees a girl walking on the sidewalk, leans over me to yell at the girl. 2 cops behind her walking on the sidewalk blows their whistle, tells us to pull over. Buddy got a ticket for not having his passenger under control. Those were the days.

Old 12-27-2021, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Oops, I lived in Michigan and Wisconsin and apparently I can't remember long enough what I'm thinking about to keep stuff straight. Don't give me that hand thumb crap. What city do you live in? Are you on 12 Mile?

Old 12-27-2021, 12:35 PM

I live in Freeland, town between Saginaw and Midland.

Old 12-27-2021, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by derf
I was in grad school in 93 getting over educated.

As far as the u-turn, I'm pretty sure Billy that once in pursuit, all bets are off as to traffic regulations that police have to follow. They run lights, drive on the wrong side of the road, jump medians, etc so I would not count on a judge being sympathetic.
no lights. No sirens. No acknowledgment that he was pulling me over until after he turned and ran my tags. Obviously if double check myself.

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
No, Billy. It doesn't make me feel better knowing you were born in 93. It just makes me feel old. LOL
Don't look at it as old, look at it as well seasoned in the game of life.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:33 AM

I look at it as being 2/3rd down the slide going into a pool of jell-o and naked women!

Old 12-28-2021, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

I look at it as you having tuned out, toked over the line, tripped on the cat's cradle, thought you were the Valley table king, and that life doesn't remind you of anything at all.

Old 12-29-2021, 08:24 AM

You pretty much nailed it, derf. Except for one thing. I never thought I was the valley table king. I was the man on the silver mountain!

Quick Reply: Holiday greeting