Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Great Poem

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2021, 08:08 AM
Default Great Poem

Roll, roll, roll a joint
Twist it at both ends
Light it up and take a puff
And share it with your friends.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:24 AM

Describes ages 13-26 for me all in a few lines. Haha

Old 12-12-2021, 07:44 AM

For me it was ages 18-30, Billy. AFTER I left home and got out on my own.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:22 PM

I was already working and paying bills at 13. I didn't give my parents room to say anything. Responsibilities always came first.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

But did you share, Billy?

And why did you stop at 26?
And Rube, why 30?

I always find it interesting to learn what motivates others to give up the ganja

Old 12-13-2021, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Rube

Age 18

How criminally cheap was it?

No clue what it costs today. And I don't mean Colorado.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

I went to University of Michigan im Ann Arbor for undergrad in the late '80s.

At the center of campus was the "diag", where four pathways came together at the corners of a square and pointed to the four corners of campus. In the middle there was a large brass capital M embedded in the cement, complements of some class back in the fifties.
Every April 1st, many of the people that toked would gather on the square around the M. At exactly noon, everyone would light up at the same time, inhale, hold, and exhale. It was a huge cloud of pot smoke that traveled together in whatever direction the wind was blowing. It would catch unsuspecting students off guard but more importantly everyone would enjoy themselves for the five or 10 minutes in between classes when this took place. It was called the hash bash. The police never bothered to show up because there were never any problems, and the fine for possession of up to an ounce was $5. Yes that's right. $5.

I've heard it's up to a $150 fine just for smoking weed in public, so I don't know if the hash bash continues to live.

I also never stepped on the M.
​​​​​Most said it was bad luck, some I said it was good luck and would travel through the diag on the way to football games just to step on it before the game.

Back when the Big 10 had 10 teams.

Memories....

Old 12-13-2021, 08:01 AM

Back when I started smoking, we could buy what was called a "lid" for $15. It was also usually what we called a 5 finger bag. What that meant was that your bag was as wide as your hand. Of course, there were twigs and leaves along with the few buds that you actually got. We got really pissed when our local supplier went up to $20. LOL I've heard it's a lot more potent and very expensive these days. And they sell it by the ounce!!!??? Wow. 30 was a good time for me because I had a successful business and worked 80 hour weeks. I also had a very fast motorcycle and car. I didn't want to risk going over 140mph while under the influence. I'd give the medicinal stuff a try if I had access, just to see if it would alleviate some of the chronic pain I have. And if it worked for me, maybe it would help my wife and daughter too.

Old 12-13-2021, 09:24 AM

I was on a fast track to the grave. That's not all I was doing.

As of 2 months ago I wasnt cool enough for the 27 club.

Oh well.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:34 PM

I know people that are members of the 100 pound club, Billy. I didn't really get into any of the other stuff because I saw how it effected friends that DID.

Quick Reply: Great Poem