Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Everybody okay, pretty quiet around here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 06:56 AM

Great news, derf. Take care of your mother. She's the only one you'll ever have. Mine passed away two years ago at 101 and I miss her.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:05 AM

Hang in there Derf.
Unfortunately things like this are symptoms we are getting older. I have recently discovered or maybe redefined the word pain. Other than something that hurts which we all go through and in this hobby it starts when we whack a finger with a hammer while aiming at something we are trying to disassemble to fast forwarding to today?
It is a welcome indicator we are still alive.
Take care and enjoy the moment.
In a few weeks I will turn 75 and it is finally dawning on me, 74 is when I discovered I had lived long enough to be called an old man.
Now I am going to enjoy it.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:15 PM

I'm just glad my 2000 SW2 is holding together. Actually it's been kind of frisky, revving up quickly and taking off like a scalded cat at times while making this weird turbo whine like sound (there's no turbo) when it does. Fun but I think it's actually a sign something's not right. Unfortunately I have no time to mess with it since we've been dealing with a 17yr old who's violent and psychotic. Been trying to get him into a residential treatment center for some time now but there's so many hoops to jump through thanks to insurance and local health services that I don't think it's possible to get unless you happen have the years of experience that we have having dealt with this boy and the system since birth. He's finally (we hope) going in on Thursday so our household stress levels should drop tremendously. Complicating this is the fact that my wife had a mini-stroke a week ago and now requires assistance with almost everything. I try not to even think about the coming bills. There's no way we can possibly pay them. Our autistic 10yr old has been really struggling to cope with all of this and it hurts not to be able to give him the attention he needs.
So yeah, not much time to work on the Saturn or participate in the forum here but other than that, everything's fine. ;-)

Old 11-14-2016, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Hang in there!

Old 11-15-2016, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

You are stronger than you know.

Check the tranny fluid level.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:06 AM

We'll be praying for you and your family, Jamnar.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:42 PM

Family medical conditions have a tendency to override the purchase of premium grade tires most of the time and spark plugs are cleaned instead of replaced if miss develops. Most of shave either been there or still are. You don't get enough sleep and the new car goes the way of the DoDoBird as the old one will run a few more miles with a new framitz valve.
I pulled into my garage at 10PM only to discover I had more warning lights on the dashboard that I knew existed. I got it running the next morning long enough to get to the dealer and requested it be finished by 10 AM and told them why. They got it done, and I paid 900 for a repair I could have done myself for $300. But the point simply was I was back by 10AM. Hang in!

Old 11-16-2016, 07:31 AM

$900? Damn, if I had that much money to spare, I could finish all of the repairs to my house and get new tires for my Chrysler 200. But I don't, so I won't.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:22 PM

I know the feeling... My wife is still in training for another 7 weeks before hopefully starting a job, and I've been our only income in the mean time... She runs through around $300/mo in fuel commuting back and forth... With my Malibu wrecked, I can't even go out and Uber for the extra cash...

Old 11-18-2016, 08:06 AM

With my Malibu wrecked, I can't even go out and Uber for the extra cash...
Unquote
I've been hearing a bit about this lately, it seems it is an international company that frankly owes a ton of coin
How does it work?

Quick Reply: Everybody okay, pretty quiet around here?