Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Busy, but aren't we all.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Default Busy, but aren't we all.

Let me start out by saying, my apologies for not being on here more often. Life just works out that way.

I have decided to drop out of college and take a fulltime job with the Air National Guard. I have been in the Air Force and Air National Guard for the last 17 years as an Aerospace Ground Equipment Technician. I thought I could get through school, but my unit deploys often, so I have dedicated all my time to them. Other than that, on the farm, we are going 60% wheat this season, and that requires early season fertilize and herbicide treatments. With my Tahoe/ Cummins 4BT project and things all my friends bring to the shop, I have been wrapped up.

Hope everyone is having a good year thus far.

Later,
Rob

Old 04-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

No need to apologize, Rob.

Like you said, life happens.

I never like to hear about people dropping out of school, but in your case it is due to a career choice and you aren't even touching the ground in between. Not for me to judge; you're an adult and are making the choice you feel is best for you.

And that's what matters.

Hope you're not implying you don't ever plan to come back to this strange mix of Saturn tech info, medical discussions, and SaturnforumFamily squabbles.

You've always provided sound advice to me and to others not to follow my advice .

Your account will be open and waiting when the time is right

Derf

Old 04-13-2016, 02:11 PM

Thank You for your Service

Old 04-13-2016, 06:46 PM

Thanks for your support Jason.

Derf, I'm not going anywhere, just won't be too overly active. I'll keep browsing and helping when I can on s cars.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Appreciated as always.
And I do believe I thanked you for your service to our country when you first joined; thank you again for your continued dedication and service

Old 04-15-2016, 06:47 PM

Thanks Derf, but it is not something I throw around. The only reason I mentioned it, is because, that is what is going on right now. Thank you all for your support. I joined initially to escape college, but it turned out to be an enjoyable experience. I'm one of the lucky career fields that is considered to be a jack of all trades, and it has been good for me.