News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on SF happenings! Just take a look...

Departure of sw2cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Default Departure of sw2cam

Many of the regulars probably have noticed the recent absence of Joe from the forum. Having PM'd back and forth, (this is me paraphrasing) he feels his contributions to this forum are complete, and, to quote Rj, his brother, he told me "I'm done here".

sw2 was the driving force in resurrecting this forum in 2006, just as I joined. Ridding the userlist of spambots, getting IP addresses blocked after they had registered close to 30 different usernames.....this was no simple task.
I helped out where and when I could after he offered to make me a moderator to enable me to help w the site cleanup. But he was the driving force then, and remained a driving force throughout his tenure as a mod.

The jokes about "only 187 members" are both funny and ironic, because the cleanup started with several thousand, and the users that remained were real people who actually posted.

Thank you, brother, for sweeping the shayt off this place and helping to make it what it is today. You are already missed.

Last edited by derf; 05-19-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:43 PM

Sorry to see him go. Although I have only been here a short time, someone with his skills, knowledge and personality will be missed...

Old 05-19-2015, 11:21 PM

Well, That just sucks! Two big important members, gone in such a short time...

As for moderators, that leaves you, Derf, am I right?

Old 05-20-2015, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

not anymore,.see new post

Old 05-20-2015, 01:53 AM

It really is a shame to see Joe and Rj gone. Those two held so much knowledge and respect in the Saturn community.

If you guys see this, you are missed. Good luck with whatever route you take though.