News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on SF happenings! Just take a look...

Another LW 300

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

I really dislike wheel bearing noise! Tore the driver’s side down all the way no real problems found. Pulled the caliper and rotor off the right rear, not really a problem. The next day tore the right front all the way down and found the junk bearing. I had a good right front hub and bearing off a parts car so I put the car back together. Drove it down to town looking for smooth asphalt and stopped for gas. Filled the tank to find it overflow out the top of the tank when full. Drove it to work on Friday and the car drives well but I think the left rear bearing might be a little loud. Long roof cars really sound different from sedans, my silver sedan is completely silent on my commute and this wagon is louder. I will order a complete set of bearings and a fuel pump assembly to be installed when the tank is almost empty. It is back to California for a week+ to finish the generator run that we began back in August. It has been sitting as a standby while they designed the rebuild of the burnt system with upgrades since August 20th. They started a nine daytime only run Thursday and I go down Wednesday through the weekend and bring it home.
I am really going to enjoy this car. I told two of my grandsons today that this will probably be my “last” car. I built my “last” truck back in 2005 and still feel that way about it!

Thanks for listening
Andy

Last edited by 02 LW300; 10-01-2022 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2022, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

I have been working on the house and driving the L200/5, I will work on the LW after my son’s room is painted and new carpet installed. I have applied for a different position with my company, they are looking for someone to help purchase new equipment for the Western third of our company. This falls within my skillset.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:54 AM

Good luck with the new position, Andy. Will that keep you home and out of the field if you get it?

Old 11-13-2022, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

More home time, it is a salary position with no overtime. I will miss the generator but 16 on and 8 off is really rough on this old man. I hope to help buy some new generators as well as working with the fleet. We have somewhere in the neighborhood of 4000 powered units and 1000 trailers.

Old 11-14-2022, 07:42 AM

Good for you. It's about time you slowed down a little bit.

Old 11-15-2022, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

16 hour days?

Never knew that part.

Obviously you're okay with getting completely out of the shop. And working more normal hours. Hours conducive to extending life expectancy.

Hope you get it, sir

Old 11-15-2022, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Those hours are only when on declared emergency which is rare. I don’t think they can offer enough for me to take that job. I can control how much overtime I work now and in the other job it comes with a salary.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:30 PM

Wagons Rule!!

The creation of the Mini-Van was the beginning of the end for Civilization.......

Old 11-16-2022, 07:53 AM

It's been my experience that a salaried position ALWAY means more hours and averages to less money per hour. If you don't want that job, just don't apply for it, Andy. When you're in the position that your are and can control your own income, why change it?

Old 11-16-2022, 08:39 AM

Ya I just read thru this Andy..........I was in the same boat. Being in "special projects" was the adrenaline rush I needed, till it led to me waking up in the burn unit. I turned down the "white hat" several times also because I made more than my revolving door of "new" young bosses w/out a clue. My last few years I never got an assignment from any boss in the mill because I was a self contained Melon Farmer if you git my drift!! Once in a while the plant manager called me during an emergency that was it!
So "Rube" has a great point, I just know yo're not the kind of guy to "need" a title

In short, tell em where to stick the "Mgr" position. You gotta be near max SS, I'd say Punch Out if ya can,....

Time to chill Bro!
peace out.

Quick Reply: Another LW 300