New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Tough Living in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Cool Great Days Ahead

Goaliemo,

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate your comments.
For just a tidbit on the future I have no plans on upgrades or enhancements to the Redline right now. That could certainly change. I see a lot of cool stuff that would make the pony giddyup faster. I'm just jazzed about how nice this little sky is and how much fun it is to drive. I'll be posting some pics soon.

Enjoy your day!

Old 12-07-2015, 03:27 PM

Dang it, I didn't welcome you, Doc. So, welcome and indeed thank you for your service. My family has a history with all four branches, but not the Coast Guard. I'm not disrespecting your choice of where to live, I'm just saying watch your six at all times.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Cool RubeHayseed

Thanks for the welcome. Really enjoying the chats I've had so far with a few folks. Nice forum.

No disrespect taken. I've been to a lot of places around the country and it always amazes me how different people live and socialize. I can honestly say I've never been anywhere where the people weren't accepting of me and were just great folks. This is a great country we have and the people prove it every day.
I wound up in San Diego in the Aerospace Industry after having worked with Boeing up in Seattle for 5 years. My wife just couldn't take the rain and cold anymore. It was move or divorce! A lot of military around here appeals to me as well and it's the best weather I've ever lived in. Just like our motorcycles, cars, and spouses.. we all have our favorites..!

Enjoy your day!

Old 12-08-2015, 07:56 AM

I'd love to ride a motorcycle again. Rode for years, got married and things got tough. Had to sell my bike. Now, living in Florida, I don't dare try to get one. Too many really old people here still driving that DO NOT look for bikers. I know we'll all get there one day, and will fight to keep our licenses, but there really should be a law once you reach, say 75, where you have to take an eye test and driving test every two years in order to renew your license.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Cool Crazy Drivers

Yeah.. I know what you mean. California isn't getting any easier to ride in. That's why I like to hit the road and take off to Arizona and Nevada and enjoy some of the smaller towns. I always have a ball and the folks are great. I'm 65 but feel like I've got quite a few years to enjoy my rides. This little Sky Redline is going to be a blast for short trips as well. I'm looking forward to that. Maybe you'll swing your leg over a Hog one day soon. You'd love it!!

Old 12-16-2015, 05:02 PM

Welcome to the Forum, Doc! Thank you for your service! Not many Sky owners here. Good to hear you're throughly enjoying yours. I've always been envious of their sharp styling, much better than the Solstace's, in my opinion. A person I knew had a black one and it looked really nice. Looking forward to reading your Saturn adventures!

Old 12-16-2015, 09:39 PM
Cool Tough Living in San Diego

Thank you for the welcome. Yeah I'm really jazzed about this little Redline. I'm looking forward to a lot of fun buzzing around SoCal, Arizona and Nevada. Look forward to a chance to meet up with you sometime. Enjoy your holidays and the best to you and your family.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:18 AM

I saw that you found the sky roadster forum! Its slow over there, but a good group of guys. I don't post as much there, well, because I don't have a sky. I saw one local one day and wanted to see if they were in that group.
Haha

Old 12-17-2015, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

why didn't you just hotwire it, file off the vin, and join the group?

Old 12-17-2015, 01:56 AM

To much work for such a slow car, duh!