New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Saturn vue 2009 xr

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2023, 06:55 PM
Default Saturn vue 2009 xr

I have a 2009 Saturn Vue XR, been having issues with heat and AC. Some weeks my AC will work while my heat doesn’t. Then another week my heat will work really well but AC doesn’t work at all. How can I fix this? I’ve checked coolant level.

Old 10-22-2023, 08:04 AM

Have you checked your coolant level and changed the thermostat? IDK, just speculating as I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the Vue.

Old 10-22-2023, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Is it that the air comes through the vents but is the wrong temperature or is it that when you push the AC button, you don't get any cooling when it's not working?

Trying to differentiate between a thermostat issue and an HVAC system issue.

Pay close attention to the temperature gauge on the dash and note where it sits once the vehicle is warmed up for both the only heat works and the only AC works cases.

Technically, the thermostat should only affect the heat production, unless the HVAC system has a lower coolant temperature below which it will not engage the compressor. That is a complete guess.

It is also possible that when the heat is not working well, you perceive that the AC is working better than it was simply because the car is colder. Not saying that is the case but it is a possibility, in which case you may have more than one issue.

If you take this vehicle in for service, take it to a Chevrolet dealer, as the Chevy Captiva that currently exists was derived from the second generation Vue that you have. Meaning they have access to the documentation should it end up being more complicated. I rarely recommend taking vehicles to the dealer for service. Independent mechanics can source the service information but they will not have the experience of working on this particular vehicle.