New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Newish to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

They are avoiding like the plague because automotively the Auras suck to work on and I'll guarantee not 1 tech in that shop has ever touched one.

They may not even have access to Saturn Field Service Manuals for it or access to the programs they need to flash the ECM and BCM --- which would be why they don't wanna touch it, b/c they don't know what IT is.

Personally I prefer the passive aggressive "kill em w kindness" approach where you show up in person, totally calm on the outside, and tell the service manager the receptionist didn't call to tell you that your car was done. He will respond "it's not".

Then you speak only in questions:
1) You HAVE started it , yes?
2) Okay you needed a week to get the parts. You couldn't even BEGIN the replacement in a week?
3) You will be starting it first thing tomorrow morning, right?
4) You can't guarantee when you'll begin working on it? Why not? You have the parts. Is there something else you need before you start work on my vehicle?
5) Are you backlogged? if so, by how many weeks?

etc

You ask them obvious questions. They answer w the truth or a lie. In many of these situations, the answer is BS. NOTE the answers for future interactions. You are giving him every opportunity to hand you lie after lie, all which you will keep track of. He will lie in so many directions he'll lose track of what he said.

Then, as each of his answers is proven a lie, push him for another hard date.
It is a marathon of endurance. You are 1 customer. He is shuffling 59. Who has more stamina?

The key is not to display anger. Calm frustration and disappointment works best.

They will either give in and get it done to get you to go away, or they will get you the keys and tell you to take it somewhere else.

Either way it is progress

Last edited by derf; 07-22-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:19 PM

I am very calm to deal with and super keen to remember everything that is said to me. Patience has its rewards in the end when it comes to haggling the bill because I waited so long. I've learned to work the system and not show frustration until it's warranted