New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

newb here

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 03:52 AM

hello, um don't really know what to say heh. i drive a 96sc1[img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]Edited by: Jenna

Old 03-13-2006, 04:14 AM
Banned

Hey there Jenna. Welcome to the site.. i'm a newbie as well... Have a great time on the site and thanks for saying hello. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2006, 11:05 AM

I'm new too. Welcome to the site. There seem to be some pretty knowlegeable people running around, so if you have any problems feel free to post.

Old 03-13-2006, 02:45 PM

I love grapes...

heh. Well, i'm a bit of a car person. Not too much, but i'd say that i have a basic knowledge of cars. I can provide some insight with problems. Or i can just make you smile ona bad day.

Old 03-13-2006, 03:01 PM

Its a good thing Liisa... I dont think this site generates too much traffic. I mean, I only joineda couple days ago and I'm the number 4 top poster. Infact, if you notice Patrick, the site administrator, hasnt logged on for nearly a month. It may be up to the rest of us to help people who have problems with the saturns...

Old 03-13-2006, 03:46 PM

Heh, well then.

I guess we'll have to poke him in the eye.... or not. Well, i'm sure that we can all help eachother out with things. I do know a few people that make my knowledge of cars look pathetic, and i can use them as resources if need be. I usually tend to make it on my own though. I won't say i'm an expert, but i'm alright with cars. Almost went through and became a mechanic. Yikes.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:04 PM

I was an aircraft mechanic for four years in the military, so I know how to work on stuff. My problem with cars is being able to figure out what needs to be fixed. I have some general knowledge, but I found oil in two of my spark plug shafts. Does that sound like a bad oil ring, or something else?

Old 03-13-2006, 04:55 PM

i know a thing or 2

Old 03-13-2006, 05:23 PM

So what do you think ottjoe... Does my problem sound like a oil ring or a gasket?

Old 03-13-2006, 05:53 PM

Because there's oil in the spark plug, it might be a probem with the oil in the cylinder all together....

Oil shouldn't be gathering up that much in the cylinder to leak into the spark plug...

It could be something more than what you think. I personally think (not an expert, my opinion), that the piston rings aren't properly gapped, and so, the oil is leaking to the top of the cylinder, and getting into the spark plug. That's not usually a good sign, cause to fix that, means to have to rip out the engine. that's the only thing i could really think of as a reason for oil getting into the spark plug.

I'll try and look into that a little bit more when i get home from work, and i'll be back with more info.

Quick Reply: newb here