New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New to Saturn

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 03:02 AM

Hello, my name is Bill. I recently bought a 93 saturn SL. I was looking for a vehicle under 2000 dollars after we lost our expedition in an ice storm. The saturn dealer was the only one who would communicate with me via email, and after several weeks of searching he found me the saturn for about 1500. It runs really well, after some easy maintenance. From what most people tell me, they wont drive anything but a saturn. It makes you wonder why GM is having so many problems.

Old 03-12-2006, 11:06 AM

Bill.....welcome to Saturn.....I find myself in the same boat in a way. When it comes to cars I drive only Saturns. SW-SL-and SC's are great cars. Now if they would build me a small pick up.

Old 03-12-2006, 12:00 PM

Thanks SW. I was really surprised at how cheap I got it. I think since it hadthe idle problem, the dealership just wanted to get rid of it. Thankfully it was just a simple PCV that was clogged, and a bad fuel filter. I've heard some people mention some other common problems that I am not familiar with, like the temp sensor, ERG, and a few others. What are the common sensors etc that go bad?

Old 03-12-2006, 06:58 PM

Temp sensors go bad and thats about it for sensors. EGR's are not a common thing. Top engine mounts and power windows.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:30 PM

What are some of the symptoms of temp sensors?