New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New Member Looking To Talk

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 05:28 AM
Smile New Member Looking To Talk

I am new on here, I only have been registered for a few days. I am hoping to talk to others who really lover the it Saturns!

Saturns are always put down it seems, "they are cheap, weak, built horrible, a pathetic car." Well I hate to hear that. I love my Saturn!!!

This 1994 Saturn SL1 was used to teach my middle cousin drive, my youngest cousin to drive, my cousins boyfriend to drive, my brother to drive, me to drive. It has been through good times and bad times.

One of the scariest moments was that it was driven on a hot day with NO coolant for miles on the street. It stalled on the way, the temperature was off the chart, and it felt like it was running at 25% of ONE single cylinder. My brother was stubborn and forced the car through all that. The water pump had a giant crack and he still drove it.

We prayed the car to be okay, when it came home, after the key was out the fan still stayed on. I opened the hood to cool down faster. After it was somewhat cooler, I closed the hood and went inside and waited for hours.

After several hours I went back to the car, put in coolant, then I sat down in the drivers seat. I took a deep breath, inserted the key and turned to the run position. I said a prayer and prepared for The scary moment. I was expecting it to not start.

I turned the key, that moment seemed like hours... I will never forget that moment 2 years ago. When the key was turned, the car started up so powerful and strong. It started better than it has ever started! I took it for a short ride, and it drove great! The next day we got the water pump replaced and there was never a problem after!

Anyone have any scary moments that your Saturn survived?

Old 07-24-2015, 08:10 AM

Nope, I can't say that I did. I have owned 3 Saturns and liked every one of them. After my business gets up and running here in FL, I hope to find another one in good shape at a reasonable price. Maybe an Ion this time.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:40 AM

All my scary encounters are driver issues. For some reason the guy behind the wheel doesn't know how to use em properly.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

I did---tonight

I was driving in Bellaire, Ohio. They are now setting up to do fracking nearish to my inlaws. I was almost there (to my inlaws).
A red pickup had pulled out in front of me going 10 mph while I was doing 40..They got the horn from me. We both turned onto a rural bridge.

Beat up pickup truck facing us at the other end of a bridge with hazards on, no other markings, nothing.

The guy I honked at stops n talks to the beatup pickup guy, then finishes his way across the bridge and makes a left.

I pulled up to the beatup pickup and rolled down my window and stopped. I stared at him. He stared back and said nothing.

I finish crossing the bridge and turn right onto a fun to drive curvy road. As I approach the first curve, I see the words OVERSIZE LOAD racing directly at me as the vehicle barrels around the turn on both sides of the road. There is no shoulder, only guard rail.

The **** whose job it is to not let me up that road had every opportunity to stop me.
He did NOTHING. He said NOTHING.

I plow the brakes, the massive trailer swerves back onto his side-BARELY.

And therefore I am not dead right now.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by derf
I did---tonight

I was driving in Bellaire, Ohio. They are now setting up to do fracking nearish to my inlaws. I was almost there (to my inlaws).
A red pickup had pulled out in front of me going 10 mph while I was doing 40..They got the horn from me. We both turned onto a rural bridge.

Beat up pickup truck facing us at the other end of a bridge with hazards on, no other markings, nothing.

The guy I honked at stops n talks to the beatup pickup guy, then finishes his way across the bridge and makes a left.

I pulled up to the beatup pickup and rolled down my window and stopped. I stared at him. He stared back and said nothing.

I finish crossing the bridge and turn right onto a fun to drive curvy road. As I approach the first curve, I see the words OVERSIZE LOAD racing directly at me as the vehicle barrels around the turn on both sides of the road. There is no shoulder, only guard rail.

The **** whose job it is to not let me up that road had every opportunity to stop me.
He did NOTHING. He said NOTHING.

I plow the brakes, the massive trailer swerves back onto his side-BARELY.

And therefore I am not dead right now.
Very happy you survived! I can only imagine how horrible that moment was when it happened and I'm sure some time after. Glad you are alive!

Old 07-25-2015, 01:56 PM

Glad to hear you survived too Derf... Would hate to have lost you, especially to an idiot driver/pilot car...

Old 07-25-2015, 02:45 PM

WOW....just wow. I wish people would learn to do there jobs...

Old 07-26-2015, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

well now I know what a beat up pickup in the middle of the road facing me w flashers and an ***-clown pilot truck driver mwan.

The road was too wide for him to physically block both lanes of traffic. In the end, he blocked none.

With the number of semis and oversize loads whipping up and down that curvy road, someone WILL get killed.

Just a matter of time