New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Finally a Member!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 04:47 AM
Default Finally a Member!

Hey everyone! I have gone to this website for a long time now for when I do work on my Saturn. I always thought it was fully dead until now. I finally browsed further around the sight.

I am a proud owner of 1994 Saturn SL with over 300,000 miles on it. I'm in the 6th year of it being in the family. The previous owners gave it none of the love it needed, nor did the relatives who had it. This Saturn has gone 3 years without an oil change!!! That's horrific! As of a few years ago I finally got control to give this Saturn the love it has likely never received.

So much is wrong with it and needs work that it is way easier to say what it does not need. But it runs, gets from A to B. I refuse to abandon this Saturn. It is officially worthless in value, but it's priceless in memories.

Old 07-22-2015, 06:35 AM

Welcome to the forum. Saturn was the best vehicle to ever come out of GM. Too bad they had to stick their noses in and screw it all up. As a stand alone car company, they were awesome. Once GM got involved, it went down the toilet pretty fast.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:01 PM

If it wasn't for Saturn, GM wouldn't have half the market they do today.
And I doubt they give Saturn any credit. Every time I see a cobalt, hhr, g5, I cant help but to smirk.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by goaliemo
If it wasn't for Saturn, GM wouldn't have half the market they do today.
And I doubt they give Saturn any credit. Every time I see a cobalt, hhr, g5, I cant help but to smirk.
Yup, just a Saturn ION with a crappy tin body on top...#RubbermaidFTW

Old 07-25-2015, 01:13 AM

#plasticfantastic

Old 07-27-2015, 11:29 PM

I seem to be able to always pick out a Saturn sedan, coupe, station wagon from among the many cars on the road. I just see a small part of it(not the logo) and I know it's a Saturn. Then I see the Saturn logo and am happy. Saturn's have a special look to them.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

That's why I love the 1st gen coupes -- nothing else like then before or since

Old 07-29-2015, 04:39 AM

One thing I love about the 94 SL1 is that there are tons of lights in the rear. 9 brake lights, 4 dark lights and 2 dark/Side marker lights. Only recently I found out we had rear side markers because it took 6 years for a light to burn out. Unrelated I found out on the trunk the center high mount brake light has 5 bulbs which light up the whole bar. 2 have been out for years. In one rear light fixture there is 5 bulbs. 25 exterior lights total.