New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New(ish) saturn owner.. Long post.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 04:49 AM
Talking New(ish) saturn owner.. Long post.

Well my first car was a 1997 saturn sc1 and I eventually got a different car and after a few I'm back to a saturn. I purchased this 2001 saturn sc2 back in late January of 2010 and I'm pretty happy with the car. I got it with 239,000 miles. But had a newer motor put in around 200,000 miles or so. I'm technically the second owner but the original owner died and the title was transferred to a different person and then on to me.

About the car:
Fully loaded with leather seats, sunroof, cruise control, and a steering wheel. There's now 249,789 miles on the body and I think around 130,000ish on the newer motor. Oh and if you haven't guessed by my profile name the car is red. :P I average on mostly highway driving about 36 mpg. If I'm all highway and doing 68 mph I get about 40 mpg. City driving I probably get 26.

Things I've added to the car since I purchased it:
HID headlights, LED interior lights. I just had a security system installed on the car yesterday and I also purchased an entire sound system to put in. Nothing too ghetto though I prefer my plastic body panels to stay on the car.

I'm also looking into some cheap alternatives to the dynamat product and I think I might have found something that's relatively cheap and should work well in the climate I live in. It's a product called peel n' seal it's for roofing and it's pretty much the same thing as dynamat only cheaper and I can get it at lowes.

I'm well aware of the oil consumption problems and I change it every 3,000 miles and check it frequently. There is a problem with the sunroof but I just flick the plastic piece down every time I need to close it and that works fine.

About me:
My name is Keith I'm from the Grand Rapids area of Michigan and I'm currently living in Lima Ohio for school. I love traveling and I drive a TON. I guess that's all you really need to know.

If there are any cool mods to do or other tips I might need to know let me know! I'm interested in doing the headlight mod where the high and low beams are on at once when the high beams are on. But I don't feel like messing with that at this moment.

I have owned a fair amount of vehicles and I'd have to say these cars are pretty close to the top most enjoyable to own out of what I've had.

I hope to gain a lot from this forum and meet some cool people!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Banned

Thanks for your ride history, and welcome to the Forum ....

Old 05-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

welcome welcome

Old 05-27-2010, 07:48 PM

Welcome to the forum