New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New guy here.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Default New guy here.....

Hi everybody , I just registered today.

I have had my Saturn SL for 2 years and about 55k miles. If it wasnt for this car I would not be able to visit my grandparents that are 20 hrs away round trip. I found this forum and it has already proven a great resource to me.

Thank You RjION, and OceanArcher for making me feel welcome already.
You guys are great!!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:59 AM

Tell ya what brother ... the more you use this place the more you'll like it and the regulars. Hell evan sw2cam is a nice guy once ya get to know him. He's just hard core about not letting this place to go hell like it was in the past. Ocean and derf are both good mild mannered mods that keep things on an evan keil. We can be rough on each other and say what we think and thats what I like about this place. It's not all about being politically correct on every subject. Some of the guys don't care for ION's and some don't care ASTRA's others don't care for the Saturn Relay, and I don't see a bloody thing wrong with that. After owning 10 S-Cars I find my ION's to be better over all rides. Join in on the threads keep posting and when you hit 50 posts you'll find someone will ask you to send a picture for your avatar.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

welcome dude

Old 02-13-2012, 04:47 PM

Old 02-14-2012, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by RjION
Tell ya what brother ... the more you use this place the more you'll like it and the regulars. Hell evan sw2cam is a nice guy once ya get to know him. He's just hard core about not letting this place to go hell like it was in the past. Ocean and derf are both good mild mannered mods that keep things on an evan keil. We can be rough on each other and say what we think and thats what I like about this place. It's not all about being politically correct on every subject. Some of the guys don't care for ION's and some don't care ASTRA's others don't care for the Saturn Relay, and I don't see a bloody thing wrong with that. After owning 10 S-Cars I find my ION's to be better over all rides. Join in on the threads keep posting and when you hit 50 posts you'll find someone will ask you to send a picture for your avatar.
Well I am a member of many different forums, and to be honest I appreciate the moderators being up front and direct. It is confidence inspiring to have this great resource available.

Thank You

Old 02-14-2012, 07:45 AM

Welcome to the forum, man. I think it's great that you visit your grandparents. I never really got to know mine at all. Both grandfathers were dead long before I was born and one grandmother died when I was 7 and the other lived in California. I did kind of get to know her from her visits to Tennessee every 5 years or so, but she died about 30 years ago.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Welcome to the forum, man. I think it's great that you visit your grandparents. I never really got to know mine at all. Both grandfathers were dead long before I was born and one grandmother died when I was 7 and the other lived in California. I did kind of get to know her from her visits to Tennessee every 5 years or so, but she died about 30 years ago.
My pap is my best friend, and he raised me from about 5 years old. Every time I visit him I try and learn more about his life. He is retired from the Air Force and has so many crazy stories to tell. He had a really rough childhood and as a result he was really tough and thick skinned in his younger years, and only in the last ten years has he really opened up to tell me about what made him who he is now.

I am always amazed that he made a go of such a bad deal he was handed....and I always tell him he to be proud of his accomplishments.

I just talked to him last week on his Birthday and he is already asking when I am coming back again. Things have been so tight financially that I am barely getting by so it makes it really hard to make the trips so frequently, but I just keep doing it.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:29 AM

There's a lot we can learn from our older generation. Intestinal fortitude seems to be something a lot of people don't have nowadays. We're raising a generation of sheep now. Kids don't want to work for anything nowadays. They want it all handed to them.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum. Satties are great dependable cars. Enjoy

Old 02-18-2012, 05:14 PM

Welcome to the Saturn Forum.

Quick Reply: New guy here.....