New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New 03 Vue Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 12:59 PM
Smile New 03 Vue Owner

Good day to everyone out there!

My name is Chris and I love being a member of these forums as they've kept my cars on the road for years. I just picked up an 03 Vue (base model 2.2 I4, 5spd) over the weekend with only 111k miles! Years ago, I owned a 97 SC2 that wound up being the biggest lemon I've ever owned and it took alot for me to get over those problems to buy another Saturn. Hopefully I will have this car for years to come with little to no problems (besides the normal wear and tear). I tend to lurk on these sites quite a bit to learn what I can and give help with issues I've already dealt with. I have basic home mechanic experience with domestics and imports and am looking forward to being a part of your group.

Old 10-31-2017, 03:12 PM

Welcome to the forum, but with a Vue, it seems to me that you're going to be disappointed again. You couldn't GIVE me a Vue and I'm an old man with one car living on a fixed income.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Old Man
Take a look at my life
I'm a lot like you....
------
Don't mind Rube, he's a grouchy old Tennessee boy w a Florida address.

Vues seem to have more systematic/design type flaws that you can watch out for. That was the first year for the Ecotec 2.2L engine, so you may wish to run through the recalls and TSBs on the nhtsa.gov site so you have an idea of what to look out for.

I own a 97SC2 as my daily driver w 259K on the clcok. Nothing but replacing parts as they wear out, most not designed to even last this long.
With S cars you either got a great one or a dud.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:35 AM

Derfs right, I am. BTW, derf, did you ever get the seat base you were looking for? I haven't been to a salvage yard since I sold all of my old beaters.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

No, I took a break from perfecting every damn thing on my 20 yr old ride

Old 11-05-2017, 06:32 AM

Well, if I go to another yard anytime soon, I'm still keeping an eye out for you.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Much appreciated.

But let's stop hijacking this dude's thread......

Old 01-20-2018, 08:54 PM
Default Hello

Hello I just became a owner of a used saturn vue. Have you had any issues with the starter by chance only reason I ask is because the vehicle sat for 3 to 3.5 months and wasn't started when it say. It ran after the pre owner put it on the battery charger but the next day went to start it and the lights were bright blower was on high and all it did was click and tried it again and clicked again. I had the battery tested and tested bad but my other half believes it is the starter. There are days it will start and then it don't.any suggestions please help

Originally Posted by cjohnsontech
Good day to everyone out there!

My name is Chris and I love being a member of these forums as they've kept my cars on the road for years. I just picked up an 03 Vue (base model 2.2 I4, 5spd) over the weekend with only 111k miles! Years ago, I owned a 97 SC2 that wound up being the biggest lemon I've ever owned and it took alot for me to get over those problems to buy another Saturn. Hopefully I will have this car for years to come with little to no problems (besides the normal wear and tear). I tend to lurk on these sites quite a bit to learn what I can and give help with issues I've already dealt with. I have basic home mechanic experience with domestics and imports and am looking forward to being a part of your group.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:13 AM

It would seem that you already solved the problem. Starters usually last for a long time nowadays.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
It would seem that you already solved the problem. Starters usually last for a long time nowadays.
1). Please No tech questions in the new member area unless your ride is human

2). Please do not tack unrelated info about your vehicle onto the end of someone else's post. Please Start your own thread in the correct section.

3) if your battery tests bad, why are you seeking a different explanation? Replace it and get on w life. Your starter WILL go bad if you abuse it trying to crank a dead battery.

Seriously, just replace the battery and you're in the clear on this one

Quick Reply: New 03 Vue Owner