New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

I'm new here (sorta)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 02:21 PM
Default I'm new here (sorta)

I actually joined about a year ago but was mysteriously banned. Turns out you can log in when you are banned and try to contact a mod but since you are banned it won't go through! Go figure. Anyways I could never establish what happened. I think it was just a mistake.

I own a salvaged 1999 SL2. It's an auto with no power options...pretty basic. I got it from my dad who got it from my uncle who bought it from the shop that salvaged it. It had ~130k miles on it when I took possession roughly 3 years ago and now it is sitting right at 197k. Since I have owned it I have put on new tires, new front shocks/struts, new radiator, new radio head unit, added cruise (never got the computer flashed for it though lol), new TPS sensor, and most recently had some extensive engine work done by my mechanic which involved new valves (one had burned out and had lost compression in one cylinder), new piston rings, I think the head surface was slightly milled, and got a new water pump. It still has a handfull of other problems but I actually love this car! It drives and rides very well for its small size, gets 31 mpg on the interstate consitently, is failry easy to work on,I own it outright, and liabilty insurance is super cheap.

I look forward to hoping into the forum and fixing some more things on it and helping any others on here that I can!

Will

Old 07-20-2015, 05:59 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Pictures of the satty?

Old 07-20-2015, 10:07 PM

Welcome back? If you don't stay active and get your post count up, derf or billy will ban you from the forum. It pisses them off (and me) when people join, ask a question and get an answer and never reply to let us know if it got fixed or not. Don't be one of those people that only post when there's a problem. Stick around and try to help out too.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Billy and I have been working on a full "Forum Rules" Document to be posted in each section of the forum so that people cannot claim they didn't see it. First we need to clean up the stickies which are all over the place and need to be condensed and sorted somehow.

Rube ---please have that done by Wed 5pm. Thanks.

Seriously, what probably happened is that you were indeed banned for inactivity. We now have a 10 day/10 post rule starting from your first day you register. once you get to 10 you are a permanent member. This weeds out the one timers, zero posters (join n run) and leaves us with a group of people that are committed to getting help and giving advice if they can.

You'll get an email shortly.

The moderator scene is now myself and goaliemo (Billy).
We both have contact emails at the bottom of our signatures so you could just browse the forum, find a post, and email us (though pms are preferred if your forum acct is not hosed.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:53 AM

Maybe that's what happened. I know I did post back a couple of times in the thread I created but maybe I never posted a final time to resolve the issue. Which would make sense because I am a huge procrastinator on auto repairs. I often find all the info and acquire all the parts I need to fix something and then don't get around to completing the job for a couple of months.

Either way I plan to stick around for a while as I have lots or work on my Saturn that needs done and plan on driving it into the ground (which hopefully isn't anytime soon).

Old 07-22-2015, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

you best get to posting then....