New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New Member here

Old 07-23-2015, 01:38 PM
Banned
Default New Member here

Hi and thank you for having me in your forum
Im a current owner of a 2001 Saturn LW100 and 2005 Vue
We use to have a mid 90s SL2 so I guess you would say I've have always liked Saturn's.
A bit about me, I grew up having to fix everything I own maybe due to dad doing things that way and the enjoyment of just being able to fix it yourself.
Also I guess that most kids growing up in the 70s just liked to fix cars and it was just a way of life.
I hate to pay someone to do what I can do and usually do it the way I like it done so as to not get upset of the poor quality of work that most people do these days. Lack of pride folks have or maybe trying to make a quick buck.
I pretty much fix everything myself weather it be Plumbing, electrical, most anything and was taught this by Dad. I am currently working at a film school as a TV Engineer. Im pretty good at trouble shooting electronics down to Component level which is how I made a living starting in my early 20s fixing VCRs and Audio gear then moving to freelancing at many studios in The LA area and Hollywood.
I hate to give up on something broken and will spend countless hours just wanting to know why its not working. Even if I can buy it new for less then my time its just the curiosity I have that makes me want to know about things and how they work.
Anyhow I hope that was not to longwinded and I will try to get here as much as possible to lend any input but sometimes I'm so spread thin on time its hard to do.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:15 PM

Welcome to the forum, man. It's always nice to have someone with electronics experience on a forum. I have none. I know just enough about house wiring to know my limitations. I also know about the wiring of a car and when to leave it the hell alone! I also do 99% of my own work on everything. I used to enjoy it, but as I approach my 60th year, not so much anymore. I do it all out of necessity because I can't afford to pay someone else to do it for me. And I don't like half-assed work either. That's mostly what you get nowadays from people, because as you say, it's a lack of pride in their work and they just want the money. Do us a favor and click on the UserCP button and fill in your information. That way derf or billy won't be crawling up your butt and telling you to do it or else! LOL