New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Hello From Tennessee

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 07:25 AM
Default Hello From Tennessee

Thought it best to check in here first before posting in the appropriate car issue forum... and thank you to the webmaster for activating my membership after I was have trouble with it.
I know very little about car mechanics and don't do any mechanical work myself, so I am completely at the mercy of professional mechanics. I am so glad to have found this forum, with it's other Saturn owners, to get advice and feedback from.
I have a 2003 LW300 that is gorgeous on the outside, looks like new.
Inside, it's another story.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to our little forum!

We have experts (well, 1 is and the rest think they are, myself included) on most Saturn models , so ask away. and we will try to help as much as possible.

Our Saturnforum "family" is pretty tight for having never met each other (1 exception).. We poke fun at each other, all in fun, so don't think we are attacking each other.
Our offtopic section covers everything from back surgery to death of parents to lung transplants to work on other cars Feel free to post anything there.

Again, welcome!

Last edited by derf; 02-26-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:17 AM
Smile

Thank you, Derf, for the warm welcome.
I have plenty of internet forum experience, so I know how things can get heated and members can be outspoken. Definitely not for the thin-skinned. lol
Looking forward to meeting the members.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

Old 02-25-2018, 10:49 AM

Thank you!

Old 02-25-2018, 05:16 PM

Welcome to the forum, sandcane. I'm a native Tennessean stuck in Florida for now. Whereabouts do you hail from? I'm originally from a small town called Wavery, in Humphreys County. Right at the border of Middle and West Tennessee on the Tennessee River.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:28 PM

I'm in middle TN, between Nashville and Chattanooga, near the Cumberland plateau. originally from NY though.
How'd you get "stuck" in Fla? Job? Military? Spouse? lol

Old 02-26-2018, 06:58 AM

I'm stuck here because the wife wanted to be closer to her mother. She doesn't anymore and we're going to put out house up for sale in the next year or so. I want to go back to TN somewhere around Chattanooga and she wants to move to Georgia. She was born and raised here and despises it as much as I do now. 28 years in TN made her a hillbilly redneck, just like me! LOL

Old 02-26-2018, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

I can vouch for the redneck status. I've chatted w Rube and his wife on the phone many a time....

Old 02-26-2018, 09:33 AM

Rube,
Yeah, living close to your mother can have some drawbacks.
I went through something similar with my mom when dad passed. She wated me to move to Florida, but I was able to convince (not back down) her it would be financially beneficial for both of us if she moved here instead.
She was a city girl and although she tolerated it, I don't think she ever acclimated. After she passed, I found copies of the Serenity Prayer every where in the house... you know, 'God grant me the courage to accept the things I cannot change..."
I'm sure you could find some property in Chattanooga that is actually in Georgia.